OEM Xenon bulbs - bulb type?

b00zehound

Reaction score
Hi,
Developed a problem with the passenger side headlight today. I have noticed it flickering over the last few weeks but thought it was down to vibration in the headlight unit and was going to check it as soon as the snow disapeared.
Put the lights on tonight and the light was very blue and kept going on and off and got a message on the DIS saying bulb failure.
My questions is what kind of bulbs are they? Looked on flea bay and what i found was a DS2 bulb. but other sites list other bulb types.
Also is the ballast in the bulb with factory OEM Xenons and what are the chances that it is not the bulb as it still works just not as bright and goes on and off?
I was thinking to order some bulbs so I have for the weekend when I get a chance to look at it as am gona swap the bulb over to the other side and see if the problem goes with it.
it would seem there is a choice of 4300k or 6000k lights. Factory is 4300k should I go for 6000k instead?
Thanks in advance...

I would stick to 4300K personally. Swapping my 6000K for 4300's is on my to do list.

The ballast is located under the headlight on OEM xenons. I can't help you with the bulb type, but it's been posted on here within the last week or so (by Lostbok I think) so I'm sure someone will be along soon to confirm it. I would think it's more likely the ballast at fault in my experience.

DS2 for projector lights and definately stick with the low K rating .

my post was the sidelight for factory Xenon's (which are different to the sidelights that go with factory Halogens).

stick with 4300K - it's still blue-ish white.... 6000K is right into the "distinctly blue" end of the spectrum...