OEM windscreen??

Mackie

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Booked in Friday for a screen. Facelift 2015 BiTdi with heads up and full matrix lights.
So I know the guy That has the franchise and am driving to his business, it’s one of the big names here in Ireland. He promised his best tech and has experience on these - no worries there.
Question is the 4 circles or not?? Both are Pilkingtons, seemingly off the same manuf line, just one gets the etching and one doesn’t. My insurers are not happy that I have picked the fitter - so the amount they are covering has taken a hit. But my question is: should I pay the extra €120 & vat for the OEM mark?? I will have to pay full bill and get a partial reimbursement from insurer. The bill will be approx €525 +vat for non-OEM (but still Pilks) and I think he said around €650 +vat for an OEM Pilks with Audi symbol.
Any advice/experience??
Do they have a coating for HUD or is that a treatment to the plastic in the laminate sandwich?
Thanks

I’ve got the non oem pilkington windscreen and the hud works fine but I’m not convinced it’s got the same acoustic properties as the oem 4 rings screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mackie
Thanks for quick reply, that’s interesting. I suppose the seal will never be as perfect as factory fresh. Maybe that’s the acoustic difference.

Perhaps. Btw it took Autoglass 3 attempts to get the active cruise & brake assist calibration right after fitting.
Allegedly this was because they were using A6 calibration data by mistake.

Yeah, I don’t have adaptive on mine - so that won’t be an issue. I am wondering about the engine sound moderator thingy - I know there is an element of that at the bottom of the screen on the bitdi - I wonder are they aware of that and is there anything special that needs to be done to accommodate it?

I’ve not heard of this engine sound moderator. What I think I noticed was an increase in tyre noise with the new screen.