OEM Windscreen

Jimbo10

Reaction score
I've been reading some older threads on this topic but none of them seemed to provide a definitive answer.

I'm in the process of claiming a new windscreen (insurer is Admiral, fitting by Autoglass).
I have stipulated that I wanted OEM glass fitted. Autoglass spoke to Admiral and they have denied the request as the vehicle is over three years old (it is 3 years and 2 months).

As such they will not provide an OEM replacement. After spending an hour on the phone to Admiral arguing my case, I haven't got anywhere.
Has anyone had any luck overcoming this hurdle?

I'm not looking to turn this thread into 'Autoglass are crap' / 'no difference between OEM/Non-OEM' etc etc...but any useful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can you pay the difference between OEM and aftermarket cost to the installer. The insurer will not budge on this and I would not want an aftermarket windscreen, as I have had issues with them before.

Reactions: richinsoton, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
As above. This was the agreement I had with Autoglass but when I got the invoice it was only for the access so somewhere along the line Axa agreed to pay the lot. Car was 2 yrs 2 months old at the time.

May be dependant on the cost of your OEM screen ie if it has lane assist camera brackets etc. Mine was acoustic only with rain sensor and think it came in at just over £300 from Audi parts.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Mine is acoustic with a sun strip.
Admiral said if I went privately they would only contribute £50.

I will ask if there is an option to pay the difference between the aftermarket cost and OEM.

Reactions: Rob2k68