Oem VW and Audi wheel needed

Dan_G

Reaction score
it’s a sad day.

Picked up brand new Tiguan R Line 2.0tFsi yesterday and 2 of the wheels were curbed this morning, one really badly - she’s not used to driving such a big car, and is pretty upset about the damage...

It’s a great car, but I’ll do a write up another time - very impressed by the self park feature!

For now I need to buy a new wheel and, whilst I am at it, I need a spare wheel for my SQ5 as it doesn’t come with one (grrrr...) and we are driving to the Alps and I don’t fancy going with just a can of goo in the boot.

Does anyone know where these can be sourced at prices less than a dealer?

Thanks!

Spoke to VW - they are over a grand each for a replacement VW wheel!

Ouch.

That said, they are 20”x8.5J and have the same tyres on as my SQ5!

Didn’t realise that. It’s a lot of car for £30k.

Go in to your dealer and ask the service/sales /garage manager if they will get you one at cost price seeing as you have just collected the car and paid them £******

Doyou really need a wheel? Can it be refurbed for a fraction of the price. A refurbed wheel will be no different to an original as it’s had essentially the same prep and paint as the manufacturer done.

Have a look on ebay mate. I just got one for my RS3 (the wider track black ones) as I just touched the curb the other day parking & will have this fitted while I get the other re-furbed. The one from ebay is perfect & I will keep if for a spare £300.00 compared to close to £2000.00 from Audi.

Bought one via eBay, it has one tiny scratch in it, for £300 inc delivery.

Will get the other one refurbed / polished and keep as a spare until it happens again....