Q2 OEM towbar electrics wiring loom part number

woter324

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

I know Audi's genuine towbars are made by Westfalia, but does this extend to the wiring loom? i.e. is the Westfalia wiring loom an exact match to what a dealer would install, aftermarket?

I ask as I have not been able to find any mention of an OEM wiring loom, only Westfalia and PF Jone's own brand.

I have managed to find the part number 81A 055 204 from a Russian parts catalogue, but Googling that number doesn't yield any results.

Before I crack open Parts24.com, I wonder if anyone has retrofitted a towbar and/or knows whether there is any difference between Westfalia's loom and the Audi loom.

Whilst on the subject of towbars, I've read several posts on here about whether or not a car has towbar preparation. My data sticker doesn't have any PR codes relating to towbar or towbar prep (1D* / 1M*), however, it does have the hole in the bumper valance, where the towbar connects to the frame.

I haven't connected the car to MyAudi yet, but apparently, that tells you, however, I don't believe that it is reliable. I've also read that most of the newer cars have trailer prep as standard, which might make sense as it wasn't a configurable option, although I expect the Q2, on the MQB platform, will have missed out on that, then again it is the Vorsprung edition.

Before I go digging for the connector in the boot, has anyone got a Q2 that has had a towbar fitted, aftermarket, and can categorically state whether it has or hasn't got towbar preparation?

Many thanks,

W.

Last edited:
Valance cutout became standard for allot of cars tbh regardless of towbar requirement, so thats kinda a red herring, also as its an SQ2, best to check suitability as some of the S & RS chassis didnt support towbars from factory, aftermarket & retrofits were possible of course, but Audi's mindset was, its a power car & it may not suit towing too well lol.

Thanks NHN,
That was my thinking, regarding the valance cutout.

I understand what you are saying regarding the "S/RS" models, however, looking at partslink.com, it appears the SQ2 engine is supported for towing:

PR:
TT6 = 4-cylinder SI engine 2.0 l unit 06K.C
DS4 = 4-cylinder SI engine 2.0 l/221 kW TFSI, homogeneous base engine is TT6

For anyone that is interested and for completeness,
1D0 = "Without trailer hitch" aka no preparation
1M5 = "Trailer hitch preparation".

It also appears that the part numbers are the same for all the PR codes that relate to the engine (TT6, DS4)

Thanks

W.