OEM RS4/RSTT centre caps on replicas

ChriS3

hud at ye bam
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Do they fit?

I have replicas and OEM centre caps, they don't look like they fit, but can the be modded to suit?

Noticed this was in the FAQ's but the link ain't working anymore...

Mine fitted fine but that was on an 8P with new shape RS4 reps... Centre caps off the standard S-line RS6 lookalikes.

They should fit Chris. they normally do!

You will have to modify them slightly but its no hard work. You have to cut away some plastic inside the cap IIRC. 5 mins per cap effort!

Cut off the offending bit of plastic and they still sit a little proud. It's better, but it's going to need some silicone sealant to keep em in place now. My fault for buying the cheapest replicas I could get on ebay.

Looks like the retention clips in the OEM centre caps are about 2mm too long for the replicas wheels. With all the extra plastic removed, the caps sit out too far.

IMG_0506.jpg

Pushed in and held in place with a little sealant, they're still a bit too big, but it's getting there...

IMG_0507.jpg

As you can see by comparison, I've taken quite a lot off. The original is on the left, modded one on the right.

IMG_0514.jpg

A stupid question maybe as mine are OEM wheels but have you alligned the centre cap correctly. The reps may very well be different but on the OEM's those half round indentations on the outermost circumference on the centrecap locate with a part of the wheel in the centre section.

I did a guide on fitting oem centre caps to reps a while back. There was quite a bit of plastic trimming required as well as citting metal rings, but mine now fit perfectly.
They first looked just like Chris's photos.
if anyone wants a copy of the photos I took while doing the work, pm me