OEM Reverse Camera - Is it connected to ignition or permanent live?

q2us3r

Reaction score
Planning to install an OEM reverse camera in the boot handle this weekend, and while all the wiring looks clear enough, just wondering if the live connection should be a ignition or permanent live? I assume ignition live? I know that there is a dedicated fuse slot for the reverse camera but I think I will fuse tap it at first and if it all works I might connect it to the back of the fuse box at a later date. Any ideas? and thanks!

I used fuse 18 in the fuse board behind the glove box (C) this is the O.E. supply point

I used fuse 18 in the fuse board behind the glove box (C) this is the O.E. supply point
Yes, was hoping to eventually connect it to the back of the fuse box at fuse 18 at a later date - but for testing purposes I was just going to tap it on top of another exsiting fuse for now - do you know if fuse 18 is permanent or ignition live?

Factory connection is terminal 30, ie a permanent live.
That is very interesting, I wonder why it needs to be powered on all the time unless one of the other pins acts as a on/off switch, a bit like a relay - that implies that fuse 18 must be permanent live then.

That is very interesting, I wonder why it needs to be powered on all the time unless one of the other pins acts as a on/off switch, a bit like a relay - that implies that fuse 18 must be permanent live then.
The device is controlled via CAN signals. Top two rows of the fuse box are terminal 30.

Reactions: dantdi and Potterswheel