OEM LED Numberplate Lights without errors 2010+

aky20

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was browsing Kufatec and came across the following adaptor which I have not seen before:

Adapter plate LEDs Audi A4 B6, B7 / Audi A3 8P-39298-1

I have the A5 leds fitted, but as the car is on a 2010 plate it brings up an error. Would the above adaptor resolve this and has anyone used it and had any success?

I imagine it connects to the wiring behind the plastic trim?

Any ideas guys.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I was browsing Kufatec and came across the following adaptor which I have not seen before:

Adapter plate LEDs Audi A4 B6, B7 / Audi A3 8P-39298-1

I have the A5 leds fitted, but as the car is on a 2010 plate it brings up an error. Would the above adaptor resolve this and has anyone used it and had any success?

I imagine it connects to the wiring behind the plastic trim?

Any ideas guys.

Thanks in advance!

Based on me converting some German on the review posted see below it would appear to solve the problem on 2010 cars

've Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 hp year 2010 8P install Simply for each! and working properly. And the error message is displayed in the FIS NOT more! Thank you!

Update....

According to Kufatec this adaptor will resolve the DIS error thrown out by the OEM LEDs.

I have ordered and awaiting delivery.

Will keep you posted of progress.

:think: i cant understand why anyone would pay that extra price just to have led's fitted to the back, to which you will not see any benifit from.
i fitted them to my 07 A3, only because a screw had come away from one light and the unit fallen out at some stage, mine work without any warnings, but i would not have gone to the lengths of the above just to have them.

Because they look so much better than halogen ones!

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF and aky20
Did any of you spot the country flag icons (top right)

Union flag ~ simples

Right guys an update for you all...

The wire finally arrived and I have just got around to fitting it from the pictures you will see dedication to the cause.

This is the wire in the packaging it arrived within.

IMG_0811.jpg

Without the packaging.

Okay clearly had to improvise as lacking a garage and natural light..

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

After battling with the boot panel it came off the wire was fitted in 10 minutes

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

Wire fitted and working

IMG_0815.jpg

No more bulb out light, thank god the bulb light was driving me crazy now I have the low fuel light to look forward tooo.

Last edited:
I am glad i have seen this as i thought the A5 lights just worked with no faults anyway,how much was the loom sorry? cant open the link from the work computer

do you know if these work on a 2011 A3. i was going to go down the route of replacing the bcm.

do you know if these work on a 2011 A3. i was going to go down the route of replacing the bcm.
Hi Trups is your man on here, just fitted LED's to my 2011 S3 worked perfect all i needed to do was code them with VCDS.

I tried coding mine, I have a 2010 s3, but my software wasn't high enough so couldn't code!

Hey guys! Thought I would add my 2 cents on the VCDS coding.

I had some bright LEDs on my rear plate. Same ones as Warren. Only noticed when a friend was driving behind me that one of them had failed. I didn't get a warning on my DIS. I believe that if you code the car (Think it was called Cold monitoring) then if the light goes, you will get no warning it has.

To me its not a massive issue, I would rather have the LEDs and no constant DIS warning when fitted.

Tim

Hey guys! Thought I would add my 2 cents on the VCDS coding.

I had some bright LEDs on my rear plate. Same ones as Warren. Only noticed when a friend was driving behind me that one of them had failed. I didn't get a warning on my DIS. I believe that if you code the car (Think it was called Cold monitoring) then if the light goes, you will get no warning it has.

To me its not a massive issue, I would rather have the LEDs and no constant DIS warning when fitted.

Tim
Yup, the coding does nothing to change the resistance tolerances to allow for LEDs...it simply removes the monitoring completely ;)

i would just go visit T8ups - has been doing car lighting for quite some time and always has a solution to bulb problems :D as done my car full interior and exterior and till today not experienced any faults :D

Yup, the coding does nothing to change the resistance tolerances to allow for LEDs...it simply removes the monitoring completely ;)
So will this coding work on our MY10 to allow the OEM LED's and can it be done?
Or does the module (or whatever it is called) need to be updated?

So will this coding work on our MY10 to allow the OEM LED's and can it be done?
Or does the module (or whatever it is called) need to be updated?
Not sure what your CE unit software version is, but mine appears to be too early for the coding to apply to it yet too new for the LED units to work without removing "cold monitoring". I would think my (and maybe your) best bet would be to go for one of these Kufatec cables.

I have sent away for a new mould to be made, i designed it for the RS4 owners so a resistor can be fitted to the bulb rather than buying a loom with them fitted, getting a test bulb next month from the mould so fingers crossed.

Not sure what your CE unit software version is, but mine appears to be too early for the coding to apply to it yet too new for the LED units to work without removing "cold monitoring". I would think my (and maybe your) best bet would be to go for one of these Kufatec cables.

Ordered a set of these today: AUDI A3 S3 A4 S4 RS4 A6 S6 RS6 A5 S5 Q7 A8 S8 10' 11' 12' LED license plate lamp | eBay

Seller seems to swear blind they'll work without the need for coding and/or additional adapters so we'll see when they arrive :think:

I have sent away for a new mould to be made, i designed it for the RS4 owners so a resistor can be fitted to the bulb rather than buying a loom with them fitted, getting a test bulb next month from the mould so fingers crossed.

Looks forward to hearing the results T8ups!

Ordered a set of these today: AUDI A3 S3 A4 S4 RS4 A6 S6 RS6 A5 S5 Q7 A8 S8 10' 11' 12' LED license plate lamp | eBay

Seller seems to swear blind they'll work without the need for coding and/or additional adapters so we'll see when they arrive :think:

Let us know how you go, pics would be great.
I'm hesitant about aftermarket LED's as they are typically too bright.

OEM LED and a loom from T8ups is the best option i think.

Let us know how you go, pics would be great.
I'm hesitant about aftermarket LED's as they are typically too bright.

OEM LED and a loom from T8ups is the best option i think.
They do tend to be a bit bright, especially on lighter coloured cars. It wasn't such a concern on my previous car (a dolphin grey A3), but I had actually taken the unit apart and blacked out a row of LED's on the lens to reduce the amount of light and that seemed to work well.

I'll be sure to post some pics of them fitted unmodified as well as after I fiddle around with either blacking out rows again OR possibly applying a layer or two of LaminX in their "tint" colour.

Right, so the eBay units linked above worked 100%. As predicted they are a bit bright, but I'll be blacking out parts of the lens to see if this fixes it.

Right, so the eBay units linked above worked 100%. As predicted they are a bit bright, but I'll be blacking out parts of the lens to see if this fixes it.

Cheers for the feedback - good to know :icon_thumright:

No DIS errors so far?

Aky

What colour are those rings ?

Is it brown / black / red / gold ?

If thats so each resistor is 1kohm

3 in parallel is 333.33 ohms

Should be easy enough to make & cost about 5 pence

£35 my ****

Right guys an update for you all...

The wire finally arrived and I have just got around to fitting it from the pictures you will see dedication to the cause.

This is the wire in the packaging it arrived within.

IMG_0811.jpg

Without the packaging.

Okay clearly had to improvise as lacking a garage and natural light..

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

After battling with the boot panel it came off the wire was fitted in 10 minutes

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

Wire fitted and working

IMG_0815.jpg

No more bulb out light, thank god the bulb light was driving me crazy now I have the low fuel light to look forward tooo.

Erm just checking mate I think that is a correct colour combination, I need to have the boot panel off again in a couple of weeks so can check then for you mate.

Poor fitment in terms of the connections? It should fit okay as its the same connector

I image that the pins on the led units have been bent to make sure they fit?

unfortunately these didnt work for me at all
poor fitment and bulb out errors immediately

I guess Ill will be looking into the OEM LED solution and perhaps a wiring loom

Worked for me after trying loads of others including the OEM units - seems to be pot luck ...