OEM front brake pads or Brembo sport front pads

Do you guys track on redstuff? Consensus on ttrs owners group is that redstuff is trash, more for less powerful lighter cars, a few people run yellow stuff happily.

Anywah brembo sports will destroy your discs steer clear
I never track the car, and we do not have any race track here, so city driving is definitely enough!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Please can I ask how much the Redstuff front and rear brake pads are and do EBC sell brake discs too?
If so, how much are they for the 2012 8P RS3 as I have been told I need to replace my front brake pads and discs and have been quoted £889 inc VAT for OEM Audi parts, which my independent said was a price match with Audi.
I have got around 2,000 miles left in my current OEM Brakes and discs.

I haven't had chance to have a proper discussion about any alternatives as the owner of the Indy who I know was off ill when I collected my RS3 Tuesday after having the Haldex Pump replaced at £302.

I have just booked holiday flights for almost £400 around Xmas, so I was hoping not to have to pay that amount of money as I am also concerned that despite changing my front tyres this time last year that one or more will need replacing again soon despite only doing around 30,000 miles.

OEM discs are around £600 on eBay just make sure they're the current revision. They have gone up twice dramatically this year, even from main dealer they were around £350 before but obviously due to the exclusivity of the 8P rs3 that now comes at a price. Ebc redstuff are approx £150 for fronts and rears approx £50. Personally it's a no brainier and a simple DIY. As for brake discs with ebc I don't know as I have OEM ones fitted on my RS.
Stay away from OEM pads!!!

OEM discs are around £600 on eBay just make sure they're the current revision. They have gone up twice dramatically this year, even from main dealer they were around £350 before but obviously due to the exclusivity of the 8P rs3 that now comes at a price. Ebc redstuff are approx £150 for fronts and rears approx £50. Personally it's a no brainier and a simple DIY. As for brake discs with ebc I don't know as I have OEM ones fitted on my RS.
Stay away from OEM pads!!!

After reading this thread and the EBC Redstuff thread I was planning on getting the EBC Redstuff pads, just not sure on the discs.

After reading this thread and the EBC Redstuff thread I was planning on getting the EBC Redstuff pads, just not sure on the discs.

WHY, John? OEM discs and Redstuff has been a no brainer for me since May 2014, and a good number of other 8P RS3 owner/driver's, too.

Reactions: JayA3sline
Is there any pads for the 2016 rs3

Check out DP31513C EBC Redstuff for the 2016 8V 8-pot RS3 front caliper

Good reports too; go read the thread 'Ceramic brakes - RS3' on the 8V RS3 forum

Hope this helps...

Reactions: Kelza
It really helps mate,do you have a we link for it mate

I imported the US EBC spec pad which allow the Audi sensor to be refitted.

If you don't have a sensor you can do one of two things.

Find and switch off the sensor with VCDS.
Or the easier option and this keeps the plugs clean, chop off the old sensor plug , solder or crimp the wires together, and seal up with electrical tape. This will prevent an error on your dash.

Hi Paul,

Can you post a link to these US EBC pads with the wear sensor please?

Will this fit a TTRS?

TIA.

The pads don't come with a sensor, you either reuse your old ones, or buy a new Audi one.

The pads just come with the grove milled to fit the sensors, where as the UK ones don't.

On an 8p Rs3

DP31210C for the fronts
DP31518C for the rears.

If you want to retain the front brake pad wear sensor, you will need to buy

DP32070C TTRS Redstuff Pads from Summit Racing in the US.

So they are TTRS fit.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/se...Ascending&keyword=DP32070C&retaillocation=int

Be careful when buying discs for the TTRS, while the front pads are the same, the front TTRS/ RS3 discs have a different offset. ( height of hub) and do not fit each other.

Not sure on the rears, but they may be different, it seems some of the TTRS aftermarket rear big brake kits don't fit the RS3 either, so confirm before buying...

Last edited: