OEM Digital Boost Gauge and Extras

Down side of this is will only work with ME7/facelift cars, otherwise a good little mod for something smart and discreet. I saw these a while back, there is a pre facelift S3 knocking about somewhere which has an analogue gauge plumbed into the original clock's place which is nice.

I personaly like the idea of the gauges being up in clearer line of sight
So i mounted my boost gauge on the A Pillor

Down side of this is will only work with ME7/facelift cars, otherwise a good little mod for something smart and discreet. I saw these a while back, there is a pre facelift S3 knocking about somewhere which has an analogue gauge plumbed into the original clock's place which is nice.

Why is that then?

Why is that then?

The earlier ECU's have absolutely no way of registering the requested and actual given airflow or boost pressures. They are incredibly dumb. SHOULD work with most functions on S3's but I know there are a fair few S3's especially early cars which do not have the same sensors.

I am 99% certain that the kit that comes with that does not come with the required sensors to get ALL of it's functions working on an older Ecu.

Also the Bluetooth will certainly not work with earlier cars because they lack the appropriate protocols to process the data, I have Torque Pro and a OBD Bluetooth unit and it just refuses to work. The Torque App and 15 quid bluetooth sender will do a better job than this setup, just won't look as good and will be on your phone.

Last edited:
Link to the Blue tooth sensor?
I looked at some of these a while back but couldnt make my mind up

The earlier ECU's have absolutely no way of registering the requested and actual given airflow or boost pressures. They are incredibly dumb. SHOULD work with most functions on S3's but I know there are a fair few S3's especially early cars which do not have the same sensors.

I am 99% certain that the kit that comes with that does not come with the required sensors to get ALL of it's functions working on an older Ecu.

Also the Bluetooth will certainly not work with earlier cars because they lack the appropriate protocols to process the data, I have Torque Pro and a OBD Bluetooth unit and it just refuses to work. The Torque App and 15 quid bluetooth sender will do a better job than this setup, just won't look as good and will be on your phone.

I didn't think it used any of the OBD info, thought it was just uses standalone sensors

Pretty certain it plumbs into the OBD ports the same as Liquid does but the sensors are available as an extra for non compliant cars?

Zada Tech - Boost Pressure Sensor

Regardless of wether it plumbs in to it or not, the analogue clock would still make my argument stand :p

16klappe, hello there. Have you managed to get the boost gauge working on Torque as I thought this did not work with VAG cars yet. Was something the torque devoloper was working on when I last read the Torque forum.

Cheers.

16klappe, hello there. Have you managed to get the boost gauge working on Torque as I thought this did not work with VAG cars yet. Was something the torque devoloper was working on when I last read the Torque forum.

Cheers.

Works fine on my girlfriends car, which is a facelift.

Which sender do you have and is it's software and driver up to date? I have the ELM237 sender.

This forum from March 11 says it works - TORQUE android app now has boost for audi/vw!!!!!

I done a re-intall on my Android and had to reinstall torque so I gather I have the newest update as I only done it last week. I have the cheapo ebay bluetooth obd2 sender, not sure of what model number it is.

Hoping this will work with mine now, it's a good bit of kit Torque is imo, will have to check and see if it works my boost readings now as it didn't when I tried it last year. Also mine is a facelift.

P.s sorry for the thread hijack Barks.

Last edited:
I done a re-intall on my Android and had to reinstall torque so I gather I have the newest update as I only done it last week. I have the cheapo ebay bluetooth obd2 sender, not sure of what model number it is.

Hoping this will work with mine now, it's a good bit of kit Torque is imo, will have to check and see if it works my boost readings now as it didn't when I tried it last year. Also mine is a facelift.

Yeah it works really well, mine has paid for itself tens of times in doing vagcom reads for favors at the side of the road of at meets for friends!

I have a GPS app called Speedview Pro which coupled with Torque gives a very good tracking tool for track days/fast road and timings. All on my phone for less than 30 quid, awesome!

Pretty certain it plumbs into the OBD ports the same as Liquid does but the sensors are available as an extra for non compliant cars?

Zada Tech - Boost Pressure Sensor

Regardless of wether it plumbs in to it or not, the analogue clock would still make my argument stand :p

I can't see any mention of OBD anywhere, and how does your argument stand or am I missing something? (No argument??) :)

I too have cleared loads of friends engine lights with mine, they think i'm great as they are not paying garage prices for clearing fault codes and give me lots of beer, mmmm beer.

I'll have to get that other app too, cheers for the heads up, quick coffee then out for a quick blast, nice one mate :L

I can't see any mention of OBD anywhere, and how does your argument stand or am I missing something? (No argument??) :)

Well it just wouldn't fit, because there is an actual clock not an LCD screen :p

speed_auto_208_2050_audi_top10_lightbox.png

That unit is designed to go in place of the clock, with the mileage removed the clocks would be scrap/not work.

It looks like it has been upgraded from when I looked (years ago!) and now comes with a central control unit.

boost-stevec-foto_6949509_17471754_18960975.jpg

boost-stevec-foto_6949509_17471754_18960980.jpg

boost-stevec-foto_6949509_17471754_18960977.jpg

boost-stevec-foto_6949509_17471754_18960973.jpg

Looks like a bulky control unit, and it requires a joystick to be plumbed in somewhere so would be tricky to install neatly.

Still would look awesome if put in professionally,

Last edited:
Ah I didn't realise you were talking about a A3. I have a S3 preface lift with a digital clock, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Good photos you haved loaded of the kit, I think the price would soon add up if you wanted a boost gauge, oil pressure and temp sensors

Ah I didn't realise you were talking about a A3. I have a S3 preface lift with a digital clock, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Good photos you haved loaded of the kit, I think the price would soon add up if you wanted a boost gauge, oil pressure and temp sensors

A lot of pre facelift S3's have a clock too, only the ones right on the switch over have a mix up. :)

For the price of it, I'd have the more accurate, better fitting, more DIY friendly and better supported Liquid gauge.

Awesome - Liquid Gauge & Diag. Tool - TT Mk1

Yep my boost gauge on the Android now works :D 22 according to Torque but maybe needs a tweak, oh and a quick blast with the correct weights gave me a 186bhp at 5511rpm.

Cheers, good luck with the boost gauge hunting Barks :)