OEM Carbon mirror caps & lip spoiler

Andrew Smith

Reaction score
Done a search on google images and the forum and I'm after some pictures of the OEM Carbon mirrors and lip spoiler ideally on the 8v saloon

Specifically on Daytona grey if anyone can find any or has a car with them on?

Think it may be too shouty on certain colours but hoping it would be a smart stealthy mod on the Daytona grey. If anyone can help out, much appreciated.

The link below will give you an idea of the boot lip spoiler.

Also check out www.xenonz.co.uk for more pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andrew Smith
The link below will give you an idea of the boot lip spoiler.

Also check out www.xenonz.co.uk for more pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Certainly helps.

Anyone else got any pictures of their car with either the lip spoiler or Carbon mirror covers fitted?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks, very nice looking S3.

Mine hasn't got the black pack so I'm just wondering how the mirrors would look with the chrome. Daytona grey with the privacy glass. I quite like the contrast of the privacy glass with the chrome

Ah sounds like my car, just a minute ....

Reactions: pburv and Andrew Smith
Thanks, very nice looking S3.

Mine hasn't got the black pack so I'm just wondering how the mirrors would look with the chrome. Daytona grey with the privacy glass. I quite like the contrast of the privacy glass with the chrome

Here you go check this out and the following posts in the thread for them fitted, they're on my car which is the same combo as you describe - would not change back I really like them :-

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-styling-accessories.253313/#post-2565047

Reactions: pburv
I like them mate looks well! Stealthy look to them.
I could do with seeing the spoiler in the flesh. Some photos I like it and others it looks a little odd..

Cheers matey ;o)

Yeah stealthy was the look I wanted, they almost look colour coded from a few ft away. Having said that I've now got quattro stickers on the rear doors lol !!

Cheers matey ;o)

Yeah stealthy was the look I wanted, they almost look colour coded from a few ft away. Having said that I've now got quattro stickers on the rear doors lol !!

Managed a bit of a bargain today ( I think)
There's been a genuine set of OEM Audi mirror caps on eBay under Stoke audis page. They were on best offer and managed to pick them up for £150!! They were clearing out stock 1 pair left. Better than the £330 rrp or whatever they are

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Managed a bit of a bargain today ( I think)
There's been a genuine set of OEM Audi mirror caps on eBay under Stoke audis page. They were on best offer and managed to pick them up for £150!! They were clearing out stock 1 pair left. Better than the £330 rrp or whatever they are

Wow that's an amazing price - well done !!

Looking forward to seeing them on.

Rob any tips or tricks for the Carbon cover install? Going to tackle them today

Thanks

Sorry for late reply stuck under the car !!!

Best tip is not to force anything and take your time. If somethings not coming loose then one of the other clip has re-engaged so keep an eye out for that. The plastic clips are flexible to a degree but only move them enough to free the clip or they will break at the root is that makes sense.

Good luck and post pics !!

Reactions: Andrew Smith and pburv

Look miles better Andrew, were they easy to get off/on?

Do you need to take the mirror out or do the covers pop off?

Reactions: Andrew Smith
Look miles better Andrew, were they easy to get off/on?

Do you need to take the mirror out or do the covers pop off?
It's fiddly mate but if you take your time not bad. You get a pretty detailed step by step guide.
Basically mirror levers out of two clips.
Disconnect the electrics.
Remove the central housing that moves the mirror.
Take out some screws that hold the mirror surround on. Remove that
Remove the mirror cover and replace with new Carbon one (then repeat above steps in reverse)
Like anything body specific it's the clips you need to be careful with. I managed to damage one of them that holds the molex connector in place but hasn't affected the fit.
The trim removal tool used for removing the mirror glass which is listed in the manual would be useful to have. I managed to get away with two plastic mtb tyre levers.

I'm pleased with the stealthy look this gives.
Hopefully come across a Carbon lip spoiler to match to set it all off soon

Reactions: Rob2k68 and S32B
It's fiddly mate but if you take your time not bad. You get a pretty detailed step by step guide.
Basically mirror levers out of two clips.
Disconnect the electrics.
Remove the central housing that moves the mirror.
Take out some screws that hold the mirror surround on. Remove that
Remove the mirror cover and replace with new Carbon one (then repeat above steps in reverse)
Like anything body specific it's the clips you need to be careful with. I managed to damage one of them that holds the molex connector in place but hasn't affected the fit.
The trim removal tool used for removing the mirror glass which is listed in the manual would be useful to have. I managed to get away with two plastic mtb tyre levers.

I'm pleased with the stealthy look this gives.
Hopefully come across a Carbon lip spoiler to match to set it all off soon
OK thanks :)