OE manufacturer of S3 rear lights

baderlfc

Reaction score
looking to get some facelift rear lights for my 07 S3, and I’m finding they are all magneti marelli, is that the OE manufacturer?

They have them in stock at Eurowagens and ECP.. new set for roughly same price as a decent pre-owned set from a breakers..

Also are A3 lights any different to S3 lights?

Exactly that, I bought mine online. They just don't have the Audi stamp. Some rear lights have a dark tint too.

Hmm thought as much.

I was wondering whether the S3 lights were maybe tinted more or something? Anyone with suitable access able to check the Audi parts catalogue and confirm A3 and S3 rear light part numbers are the same??

I had original S3 lights on my 2006 model and they were very red.
I then bought lights for a 2011 S3 and they are a newer design with a tint. If you want to see more, take a look at the 'what have you done to your car' thread and go back a couple of pages from the last page, I have put up info on part numbers and comparison photos.

Reactions: baderlfc
Yeah I’ve got the original lights on my 07, want to upgrade to facelift as I think they look far better.. will try and find your post now

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Yeah I’ve got the original lights on my 07, want to upgrade to facelift as I think they look far better.. will try and find your post now

A3 and S3 lights are the same.
Magneti marrelli are the OEM manufacturer so you do want to buy those ones.
If you want facelift lights then you need 2009 or above. If you want facelift tinted lights then you need 2011 or above.

Magneti Marelli are OE - ECP have them (60% off at the moment MID60), their online site ‘Carparts4less’ May be cheaper.

331E86EF 97D9 410A A01C CE94E949FA9A

If you get some of these Magneti Marelli rear lights give them a good check over as the pair I bought had some small scratches on the bits you see.
Glue or whatever they use inside the light was not as neat as my originals so I returned them to ECP.
As an aside, they also do not have the foam supporting pad on the bottom that keeps it off the bumper.
As my car is red, I did not think there was a massive visual benefit from the 2012 darkened lens units.
Only my opinions!!!!

Now you need the A3 8v rear wiper... £10 on eBay.

Well that’s funny you should say that.. the rear wiper is well past it’s best, drops when you shut the boot.. was going to ask if a Mk5 golf rear arm would fit, but 8V is the way to go is it? Just bolt on???

Well that’s funny you should say that.. the rear wiper is well past it’s best, drops when you shut the boot.. was going to ask if a Mk5 golf rear arm would fit, but 8V is the way to go is it? Just bolt on???

Yip, use your existing plastic water jets and cover. Take care getting the old wiper off.

I fitted a Polo wiper and washer jet. They're all very similar and do the same job, although I prefer the Polo washer jets.