OE Fan windscreen jets for A3

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
Hey
I have been speaking to another member about putting the heated fan spray on my car
He provided a link and it was 23.00 for the pair which is a great price

But have seen other threads on here with the part numbers
Left - 4G0955987A
Right - 4G0955988A

And they have said it was 20.00 odd pound from Audi for the pair, but I cannot see this anywhere.

As these are old threads, does anyone know if I should just buy from here:

https://brotek.co.uk/store/p54/Genuine_VAG_heated_fan_Washer_jets_.html

Or is there others that I can buy, are these the best ones?

The part numbers you list are for the A6 and not the A3. It doesn't take much searching as I found the following part numbers for the heated washer jets to fit A3 8V here. Hopefully this helps.

8V3955987A - spray nozzle, heated left , no.18

8V3955988A - spray nozzle, heated right, no.19

Why not ask site sponsor Crewe Audi for a quote via the parts request page if you’re unsure?

The part numbers you list are for the A6 and not the A3. It doesn't take much searching as I found the following part numbers for the heated washer jets to fit A3 8V here. Hopefully this helps.

8V3955987A - spray nozzle, heated left , no.18

8V3955988A - spray nozzle, heated right, no.19
Are fan pattern nozzles available for the A3? Isn't this why the link is for A6 nozzles, which are available in fan pattern?

They’re not full fan, they’re fan with 3 nozzle too. For proper fan you need the new one’s from a Q2 I think.
Anyone care to confirm?

I thought, when I tried them they did not fit the A3 properly and were not as effective as I hoped for. I might need to have another go at the Q2 one then as really fed up adjusting the oem nozzles back on now. I also found the best price via our parts sponsor.

Anyone confirm which one I need?
The link I provided says they fit the A3 but now people are saying the Q2
Thanks all

Well they fitted my 8V properly - the size, and the pattern of securing clips was identical. As to whether it’s “full fan” or not, I can’t say, but there is a single slotted outlet (which may have variations in with to modify the spray pattern) the angle (Up/down) of which you adjust with a torx (T8) driver - not supplied. Luckily I had one from a computer upgrade kit.

ETA: This is supposedly the Q2 jet

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/802068182

It’s identical to what I got from Brotek.

i ordered brotek earlier today so we'll know soon

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

But do the ones from Brotek have a strem as well as a spray, or is it just a mist spray?
I dont want any pistol type spray as they are terrible, I just want a fine mist like every other single vehicle on the road.

Unless you’ve spend £100+ the will definitely be the mist+nozzle type. The Q2 are about £50/60 each.

Unless you’ve spend £100+ the will definitely be the mist+nozzle type. The Q2 are about £50/60 each.

Thats not true at all, they are all 20 - 30 for the pair regardless of the model and from Audi as well, not sure where you got that price from.
I just dont know the exact ones that just have a mist to fit the A3.
I cannot fill a parts request without the correct item I need.

They are all over youtube saying they are 20 odd pounds from Audi, but they either dont provide the part number or they are for different models.

Thats not true at all, they are all 20 - 30 for the pair regardless of the model and from Audi as well, not sure where you got that price from.
I just dont know the exact ones that just have a mist to fit the A3.
I cannot fill a parts request without the correct item I need.

They are all over youtube saying they are 20 odd pounds from Audi, but they either dont provide the part number or they are for different models.
@creweaudiparts aren't the Q2 Versions around £60 each?

I hope they can let me know.
I just want the mist like the ones on every single car in the UK, It beats me why Audi have decided to have very old tech 3 jets.
Thanks for including them Marky79, this is getting confusing.
I want water mist for my
2014 Audi A3 TDI 2.0 150bhp Sportback
Maybe they can help or someone knows 100% which ones and part numbers for the mist jets only, no pistol squirt ones.
Once I get the part numbers I can fill out the part request

I hope they can let me know.
I just want the mist like the ones on every single car in the UK, It beats me why Audi have decided to have very old tech 3 jets.
Thanks for including them Marky79, this is getting confusing.
I want water mist for my
2014 Audi A3 TDI 2.0 150bhp Sportback
Maybe they can help or someone knows 100% which ones and part numbers for the mist jets only, no pistol squirt ones.
Once I get the part numbers I can fill out the part request

0c5dc438f0550517db8f60439fea56d5.jpg

I bought mine off an eBay seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the a6 ones and no matter how I adjusted them they spray the bottom of the bonnet before the windscreen which was annoying.
Changed mine back to the a3 ones and they are fine.
If it ain’t broke!:wink:

Reactions: traindweller
Slight misunderstanding of the info you were after so with a little more poking around I found the A6 parts you require here. From what I can find the length is 89mm x 34mm wide and they are a 2 minute straight swap for the OE tri-jet screen washers. As per the link above in post #17 Stafford Audi are doing a great deal for a genuine pair ;)

4G0955987A - spray nozzle, heated left , no.1

4G0955988A - spray nozzle, heated right, no.2

I know the part numbers as they are the ones I have now, and they are the pistol type
I need the part numbers for the ones that are spary fan mist only, I know they are out there.
I need to know if they fit the A3 and if so what are the part numbers

I appreciate your help all, but you keep giving part numbers for the pistol squirt ones which I have right now, or they are part pistol and part mist.

I want to know if Audi do the MIST ONLY that will fit the A3.

I hope someone from Audi can help, or if another member has fitted the mist ones onto a A3 and the part numbers.

Thanks again

Surely the thing is to get rid of the three “eyeball” jets that keep blocking. And the part numbers referenced above do just that, there is no metal jet, just slots on plastic.

Does anyone know if they do mist/fan only that fit the 2014 A3 ? I dont want any of the jet squirtgun models
Would really appreiate the help
@creweaudiparts

But.... the ones linked to in all the posts above DON’T have individual jets (that keep blocking). So what is your issue with them <shrugs >

Reactions: alpesh26
Guys just take thin needle and stick it into jets wiggle few times each hole to make bigger holes and your jet wont squirt so drastically, but like spray way
I even positioned them slightly lower that they won't spray over roof like most of the cars.. But they still do as wind always lifts water up when you driving...

Guys just take thin needle and stick it into jets wiggle few times each hole to make bigger holes and your jet wont squirt so drastically, but like spray way
I even positioned them slightly lower that they won't spray over roof like most of the cars.. But they still do as wind always lifts water up when you driving...

Funny thing, no matter how often I used a needle to clear them they still kept blocking up, but it seems almost unique to Audi, on no other car I’ve owned has this happened to any great degree. And you’re wrong about the wind effect, it always makes the spray go lower on the screen, not higher, at least on all the cars I’ve driven over the last 40 odd years.

Funny thing, no matter how often I used a needle to clear them they still kept blocking up, but it seems almost unique to Audi, on no other car I’ve owned has this happened to any great degree. And you’re wrong about the wind effect, it always makes the spray go lower on the screen, not higher, at least on all the cars I’ve driven over the last 40 odd years.
I always see cars who washing windscreen ans they squirting over car and once they even washed mine freakin screen so how can I be wrong? If u not driving then it won't squirt upwards
U need to use bigger needle and make bigger hole..

Also want mist only if someone can move this thread along in the right direction!

I always see cars who washing windscreen ans they squirting over car and once they even washed mine freakin screen so how can I be wrong? If u not driving then it won't squirt upwards
U need to use bigger needle and make bigger hole..

If you want to really clean the jet type, take them off and drop them in a solution of something like Kilrock, a (very strong, so needs diluting) acetic acid descaler. That works a treat, and th3 removal and replacement of the washers is easy.

Also want mist only if someone can move this thread along in the right direction!

Seems to me that someone needs to ask Crewe Audi, bu5 no-one has. They won’t be watching this thread, so best to pm them. I’m happy with the A6 ones I got, so it’s up to someone else :).

I know the part numbers as they are the ones I have now, and they are the pistol type
I need the part numbers for the ones that are spary fan mist only, I know they are out there.
I need to know if they fit the A3 and if so what are the part numbers

I appreciate your help all, but you keep giving part numbers for the pistol squirt ones which I have right now, or they are part pistol and part mist.

I want to know if Audi do the MIST ONLY that will fit the A3.

I hope someone from Audi can help, or if another member has fitted the mist ones onto a A3 and the part numbers.

Thanks again

The ones i posted (#16) above are fan mist, they fitted my car perfectly.

'Seems to me that someone needs to ask Crewe Audi, bu5 no-one has. They won’t be watching this thread, so best to pm them. I’m happy with the A6 ones I got, so it’s up to someone else :)

I did , and got the A5 ones (2019 £20 pair) using the part numbers above and they were no good for me so went back to the jets. For me they would never really adjust up high enough to clean the screen so whether that's just a sportback issue. I also tried the ebay ones and they were no better so still looking for some.

I think there may be variants if these spray/fan/mist washers. Looking on eBay there is one that looks to have a slightly different opening for the spray, and that has a slot headed screw for adjustment, as opposed to a torx.

Compare and contrast; the first is, I think, a true mist spray if you look at the outlet slot, and has a slot head screw adjuster.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Win...642218?hash=item445bb93baa:g:~IYAAOSwJ4xelr6C

This one is like the one I got from Brotek, and has a different shaped slot outlet and torx Screw adjustment - you do have to look hard but there is a difference.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original...240081&hash=item2171ed8cf0:g:s3QAAOSwO~xaooBo

Neither have the “eyeball” metal jets that block so readily. They both seem to be advertised with the same part numbers as T-1000 bought. It wouldn’t be the first time a manufacturer had changed the spec of a part but kept the part number the same. My jets have what seems to be a combination of fan mist spray with slightly “thicker” jet-like spray elements, but all from one profiled slot. Gives good coverage, and works at speed. I suspect the “true” mist type (Which seem to have a single letter-box type slot) put out less flow and are Possibly more affected by speed

I did , and got the A5 ones (2019 £20 pair) using the part numbers above and they were no good for me so went back to the jets. For me they would never really adjust up high enough to clean the screen so whether that's just a sportback issue. I also tried the ebay ones and they were no better so still looking for some.
I got some from Audi Parts Direct (Mon Motors in Cardiff) 18 months ago. They were the kosher items - all the right part numbers and everything as above - but I couldn't get on with them. The spray clipped the edge of the bonnet (an FL Sportback) no matter how I much I fiddled.

The more I tried the more I was convinced I was trying on the emperor's new clothes, so I put the jets back on and gave the fan sprayers to Al (AlS3BE)*

In retrospect I don't know why I bothered in the first place. A sucker for the hype, I suppose. The original jet washers always worked as intended, and over donkey's years of driving I can't ever remember having to unblock one.

I committed the cardinal sin of trying to fix something that wasn't bust.

* I couldn't help a wry smile the other day when I read that they didn't exactly set his trousers on fire either.

Reactions: traindweller and AlS3BE
And yet I’ve had jet blocking problems on my last 2 Audi’s. The A4 B8 (Owned from new) went about 3 years before they started to lose flow, and needed regular cleaning. The S3 8V is only just over 2 years old (I bought it used in March) and I was having problems. I’ve descaled the originals and put them on the “bits” shelf in the shed, just in case.

BMW cars block too. I'm sure VAG and BMW recommends a certain type of screen wash that prevents them blocking. Fords it's the filter that blocks at the pump. I had my car for a year before I realised it had 6 jets. I blew the airline down mine to clear them

They all block and to be fair my squirt gun cleaners are not blocked, nor have they blocked, I just cant stand the way they clean.
I want these just out of preference.
The reason I do not call Audi is because they wont know what I am on about and will probably just try sell me the ones that belong to the A3
All I want to know is, are there any Audi models that have the mist ones only and will they fit the A3. I doubt Audi will be able to tell me, I was hoping someone here has done an upgrade.
The ones from Brotek are mist and squirt combo which I do not want.
I think the Q2 are mist only but I am not 100% and even if they will fit a 2014 A3
Its something that is so easy to install and is very cheap, just thought it may have been worth looking into, Well that was the thought anyway LOL

Reactions: The_Ironist
If you want to really clean the jet type, take them off and drop them in a solution of something like Kilrock, a (very strong, so needs diluting) acetic acid descaler. That works a treat, and th3 removal and replacement of the washers is easy.
mine's fine i made holes bigger so it is like spray type not sharp jet

Never had the fronts block but have had the rear blocked. Since using diluted VW screenwash have not had one block yet.

Never had the fronts block but have had the rear blocked. Since using diluted VW screenwash have not had one block yet.
Maybe the mistake those blokes who are suffering reduced flow, dribbles and difficulty getting started are making is filling the reservoir with a 50:50 mix of tapwater and Robertson's strawberry jam. Who knows.

I've only ever used Halfords screenwash in all the years I've been enjoying unblocked squirtage. Mostly the blue ready-mixed stuff.

I may have used some other make in the distant past, but it's not the kind of thing I've committed to memory, made a note in a little book about or logged minutely in an absurdly complicated Excel spreadsheet that took six days to make.

The one thing I did commit to memory was never to use Halfords summer fruits flavour purple screenwash ever again.

Rather than the refreshing smell of an early autumn hedgerow filling the car every time I used the squishers, the putrefying honk of decomposing squirrel came flooding out of the vents.

No thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnM100 and AlS3BE
installed the a6 washer jets this morning, bought using the link posted above... plug and play, still getting 3 main jets + the mist per washer... imho a 100 times better than it was, covers the whole windshield instead of just 6 points... I'm happy
6d204a77146cb4558c06e4894070a78a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk