Odd vibration on downshifting S3 FL S-tronic

Alec97

Reaction score
Hi All,

I wondering if anyone has come across something similar before..

Basically i have had this little vibration when i downshifted for a good 8 months and thought nothing of it but just recently it has gotten considerably worse.

If i downshift the vibration starts and continues as the revs drop. If i then accelerate it goes very slightly but is still noticable. One thing i noticed that it doesn't happen consistantly. Another is if i downshift and the vibration stars i drop it into neutral and the vibration stops instantly. leading me to a geaarbox issue ?

Sometimes when it happens it really feels like the garbox is gonna blow

Heres the little mods i currently have on the car..

Powerflex dogbone insert (purple)
Forge air intake
Cast turbo inlet elbow
Custom Res delete
Wheel spacers F15/R20 mm

I noticed the vibration before i had any of the mods on but now its gotten worse im starting to get concerned.

Cars on 40k and i've read about the dogbone mount not lastng much past this ?

Any help ideas would be welcomed !

Cheers

Hey man,

Have the same issue with my 2018 S3 with 40000 km. Had it at the dealer to have it looked at and they replaced the main engine mounts. That improved the feeling and dampended the vibrations but I can tell the issue is still there. Doesn’t happen all the time but I notice it in 5th and more commonly 3rd. I have no idea what would be causing it and am worried it’s a clutch issue. Haven’t tried changing out the dogbone mount but may do that next.
Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue?