Odd Electrical Issue

Fastsoup

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

I picked up a 2009 Audi A3 Sline Quattro today. 200k kilometres on the dial. Has an engine oil leak I need to resolve but other than that she is great. I scanned it before I bought it with Carly Multi Adapter and there was a code for:

Driver side airbag crash sensor - Open or Short to Plus.

Oxygen Sensor– The P0171

HEATED SEAT FAULT

I tried to clear and the O2 sensor code went away but I cannot get rid of the airbag sensor...it just won't clear...and I know this app can clear airbags because it's done it on my E46 M3.

On my way home, I noticed a few other issues. The moonroof won't open/close, the driver power seat doesn't move at all, and the heated seats don't work.

I got home and started to diag. I got my test light and oddly enough, all three of the above mentioned items (roof, power seat/heated seat) fuses were all dead. No power to any of them on either end of the fuse.

I took out the battery, removed the air take box and the battery tray, and below I found tons of leaves/twigs/debris. Below those debris there was a batch of wires running along and I noticed one small section of the wrap/tape/protective cover was shredded (I immediately thought rats/mice). I checked the exposed wires and none looked damage or exposed...I also didn't notice any rat droppings anywhere. I cleaned up all the debris, put everything back together...

and now I'm hoping someone online can help? Is there possibly another fuse under the hood that could cause the other 3 inside the cab not to work? Speaking of which, I found a 50amp BIG fuse in the armrest which I thought was weird...I thought maybe the previous owner knew of the 50amp blowing often, or maybe it belongs under the hood somewhere?

Help!

You'll need to trace via elsawin which fuse feeds, but it's quite interesting that fuse is there as 50amp is reserved for main fuse strip feeds to the other fuse box or a high load item, these 50amp fuses are only found in the box in the engine bay.

You'll need to trace via elsawin which fuse feeds, but it's quite interesting that fuse is there as 50amp is reserved for main fuse strip feeds to the other fuse box or a high load item, these 50amp fuses are only found in the box in the engine bay.

Well I've been trying to locate the diagram for the box under the hood as I'm starting to wonder if that 50amp I found in the arm rest powers the three items not working...if so, I wonder why someone would have removed it in the first place.

**SOLVED**

Replaced the 50amp fuse under the hood and everything got power. Must be something up because of the 2 blown fuses...but for now, I'm good