October offer - PD170 B7 remap and DPF delete £400!

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all,

For the month of October we are offering a complete drive in drive out DPF Delete and remap service. This includes careful removal of your DPF, carefully gutting and then re-welding The car is then remapped to remove DPF functionality in the ECU. Typical power output is 205bhp without the use of excessive boost levels.

Thanks, Rick

Rick any chance of running this deal in November lol

Reactions: Purdy99
I wish our avant didn't need a new clutch or I'd be driving over to see you very soon :(

The remap will put more strain on the clutch. We can do the DPF delete with no torque increase if you like, and add the power in at a later date when the clutch is done for a small fee.

Rick

That's cheap Rick! He's just done a friends car and its like a totally different car all together! Don't miss this good offer guys.

Hey there I've just bought my A4 b7 57plate 1.9tdi sline last month and I'm very interested in getting it remapped I want a safe map tho nothing that's going to stress my engine so much? What options do I have n what prices?

Hi Jason,

You don't have a DPF to worry about, so already have a head start. I recommend a map that tuned the AFR ratio and injection timing while leaving the turbo boost as std. This would mean no extra strain on engine/turbo at all. This would be £250.

Thanks, Rick

Rick,
What performance remaps do you do for the 3.0 TDI - 233bhp....What are the performance figures increases will I see. Would it be best to delete the DPF

Thanks Rick,
What are the gains with the DPF removed
Thanks

Hi Jason,

You don't have a DPF to worry about, so already have a head start. I recommend a map that tuned the AFR ratio and injection timing while leaving the turbo boost as std. This would mean no extra strain on engine/turbo at all. This would be £250.

Thanks, Rick

Thanks for the reply, what sort of performance figures we looking at its 115hp std currently getting 55mpg

I am looking to get this done, as I really can't be bothered driving down the motorway each time the light comes on!

I was hoping for a little more than 205bhp, hopefully without affecting the economy and levels of smoke too much?

How long would you need the car for?

Any idea if a new exuahst (replacing the 2nd CAT with a straight through silencer) would benefit from adjusting my Stage1 remap if the DPF has already been removed/mapped out??

Hi mate

I have a 56 plate 140bhp tdi and just wanted to know what power I should get with your map and cost?

Thanks
Simon

I am looking to get this done, as I really can't be bothered driving down the motorway each time the light comes on!

I was hoping for a little more than 205bhp, hopefully without affecting the economy and levels of smoke too much?

How long would you need the car for?

The injectors are pretty much on there knees at this level, and you would need to run the turbo harder. I could literally max everything out, but I don't think it's worth it. The difference is quite significant as it is and so therefore we don't believe in trying to squeeze a few more hp for the sake of reliability. Different RR's with different operators will see different power figures. What's important is how it goes on the road.

Rick

Any idea if a new exuahst (replacing the 2nd CAT with a straight through silencer) would benefit from adjusting my Stage1 remap if the DPF has already been removed/mapped out??

There will be gains, but not as significant as the removal of the DPF, providing the map has been written to benefit from the DPF removal.

Rick

The injectors are pretty much on there knees at this level, and you would need to run the turbo harder. I could literally max everything out, but I don't think it's worth it. The difference is quite significant as it is and so therefore we don't believe in trying to squeeze a few more hp for the sake of reliability. Different RR's with different operators will see different power figures. What's important is how it goes on the road.

Rick

Hi Rick, thats a fair comment and you are correct I would rather have a map that goes well on the road, rather than something that just lights up the front wheels and can't put the power down. How long would you need the car for to do the work?

Hi mate

Sounds a good price, whereabouts are you? And do we get a rr printout?

Cheers

This offer is very tempting, but its come when I have had to spend a shed load on other things :(
Would you still map the car if I gut the dpf myself? If so at what cost?

Thanks Rick, one last question - would it be beneficial to block the egr at the same time?

Yes, it's a good idea to do this for sure. No more crudy intake system and no more worries about sticking valves. An extra £50 for the map or £100 of you want us to do it :)

Rick

Thanks thats awesome Rick, found out that my V6 3.0 TDI 233ps does not have DPF :eyebrows: - so would just need a ERG Delete.

What power gains through your experience will I see?? torque and power gains??

It's a Tiptronic box.

Thanks in advance...QUOTE=Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.;1687487]You are looking at over 290bhp :yes:

Rick[/QUOTE]

Hey Rick, I'm just about to replace a leaking intercooler on my my 2005 2.5tdi 163, EGR already blanked and no DPF and then I'll be looking at a remap. What gains, including torque would you expect?

Also, what would be needed for the next stage. I'd be more interested in mid range/overtaking power than off the line power.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I've got a 2007 3.0TDi TDV with 233PS. I'm not too worried about the DPF, as an extra 30 PS would be plenty. I was wondering if it was possible to programme the ECU to "ignore" a worn (or disconnected) inlet manifold swirl flap, so that the engine management light did not come on. I would dearly love it if you could, as this would avoid having to shell out a fortune on new manifolds.