[Oct 7th, 2015] Yorkshire & Humberside Regional Monthly Meet - Golden Ball Inn (Whiston)

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Following the demand for locations being rotated across the Yorkshire region, we will now move to another location for the next two meets.

Next on the map is: The Golden Ball Inn, Whiston. (More commonly known by the locals as 'Brass knacker')

thegoldenballinnwhiston-gallery_05.jpg

The fixed date will continue to be the first Wednesday of every month, with the next meet of the year to take place on Wednesday 5th August.

Many meets were held at the previous venue throughout the start of 2015, of which seemed to get a good reception with the regulars coming back every month and also a few newbies turning up occasionally.

This meet is a totally casual setup with a warm community feel. Get the chance admire other cars, chat motors over a pint of your usual with the odd bit of banter thrown in.

Please find below full details:

Turner Lane,
Whiston,
Rotherham,
S60 4HY

Dates:

5th August 2015
2nd September 2015

NEXT:
5th August 2015

Time:
19:00pm - 23:00pm

Website links:

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/content/vintage-inn/en/restaurants/yorkshire/thegoldenballinnwhiston

Special Notes:
Please drive with care through the narrow country lanes and residential areas as you are representing ASN whilst in attendance of this meet.

Food, Drinks and Hot Meals are available at this venue and we have agreed with management to reserve us a section of the pub for moderate numbers in attendance (0-11 people).

For every month there will be a thread or post to confirm numbers and who are attending solely for the purpose of letting our contact at The Golden Ball Inn know how many people will be coming.

Lets keep the positive vibe rolling at the new venue for 2015 and enjoy the lovely little location going into the summer months...

Thank You for your patience in regards to the monthly meets and we hope to see plenty of faces at the meet.

Yorkshire & Humberside Regional Events Team

Attendee List:

1. ShaunS3
2. Stanningtonglen
3. C2 DTN
4. Sarah28
5. Dave Rutter
6. Slepy
7. Mark_S3
8. S3 Paul
9. JordanQuattro
10. AVLO

Last edited:
i'll be coming along to this one

put me on the list

Reactions: ShaunS3
You can put me down for this one , at least now I might get the right day

I'm definitely up for this :) Add me to the list.

I'll be there, annoying as until last week I lived 10 mins away, now I'm over half an hour away!

Reactions: AVLO
Ive put my name down at the first post...
But the second one had more names .

This is my old stomping ground, So if anybody needs any help in finding the place im more than happy to meet people before and drive over to the Golden Ball

You will need to take me off the list @ShaunS3 . Working in Derby all that week :(

I'm up for it pencil me in chaps :-D

I should hopefully be there as long as my boss lets me have a couple of hours off again

Reactions: S3 Paul
@C2 DTN Yeah 6 is good. Where shall we meet? Is the BP petrol station on Harrogate road on your way? I assume you'll be heading to the city centre to join the M1.

@C2 DTN Yeah 6 is good. Where shall we meet? Is the BP petrol station on Harrogate road on your way? I assume you'll be heading to the city centre to join the M1.

I could go that way if needed, but the easiest for me would be the asda petrol station in leeds centre on the road that leads you to the M1 / M62.

Great to meet you all, looking forward to coming to the next one.

@ShaunS3 was it you behind me on the M1?

Big thanks to all that came,
Was a good turn out,
Made me realise just how much i need to detail mine though.

Reactions: C2 DTN, dave rutter and michaelg1001
It was good to meet you all yesterday, look forward to the next one

Reactions: S3 Paul, C2 DTN and dave rutter
Table is booked slightly later this time folks as they are very busy tomorrow night.

We have a table booked for 10 people starting at 8:15pm which is not far off when everyone should have arrived so all being well this will be ok.

Shaun.

Reactions: mark_S3
Anyone attending this month's meet at The Golden Ball?

I gather it's another month here.

Eitherway I should more than likely be there for 7ish.

Cars going in Tuesday for oil pickup pipe if i get it back then i will be there is this is on