Attendee list [Oct 13, 2018] Audi Driver International (Wiltshire)

The tent will be going up on the day @AudiNutta you just arrive at your time. It’s a long enough day for you Matt. :) x

Great thanks for Sandra, we will definitely be there at 7:30 to help out... all part of it :) x

Thanks for the help chaps, see you then!

No problem at all, see you Saturday morning :)

Reactions: Sandra
Great thanks for Sandra, we will definitely be there at 7:30 to help out... all part of it :) x

No problem at all, see you Saturday morning :)
Your a star as always Matt. Many Thanks ⭐️ x

Reactions: AudiNutta
This weekend looks like it’s going to be a misery, regret buying the advanced tickets now as it’s sort of pushing me into going.

Is anybody else put off by the torrential rain all day?

No. MTFU ;)

TX.

:weary::weary::tearsofjoy:

I’ve been in work for 12 out of 16 days working 12 hours, dying for a day off and thinking of being stood out in torrential rain isn’t doing it for me on my single rest day :sob:

To make matters worse the car is absolutely spotless, I’ve refrained from using it all week for that reason and it will be coming out in this damn rain, not pleased.

Winter can GTFO already!

Reactions: Callump01, Terminator x and THQuattro
Only just seen this thread!

I'll be there, but on the Badger 5 patch with Bill and on track most of the day hopefully.

Come and say hello if you see us!

o26nZ1m.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro and Sandra
Only just seen this thread!

I'll be there, but on the Badger 5 patch with Bill and on track most of the day hopefully.

Come and say hello if you see us!

o26nZ1m.jpg
Enjoy your day nick and stay safe. :) x

Hi All

Just to let you know due to the weather forecast and our weather man on the ground near Castle Combe the decision has been taken that we will not be putting the tent up. So please don't arrive for 7.30 @Callump01 but thank you for your help.

For those attending the show I hope you have a great day and we look forward to seeing your pictures.

Hi All

Just to let you know due to the weather forecast and our weather man on the ground near Castle Combe the decision has been taken that we will not be putting the tent up. So please don't arrive for 7.30 @Callump01 but thank you for your help.

For those attending the show I hope you have a great day and we look forward to seeing your pictures.

Ah that's a shame, but no problem at all mate.

I bought the ticket insurance for an extra £1 so I think that I'll just cancel now that i'm not helping set up due to the amber weather warning that has been issued for Wales. Should imagine the grounds will just be way too boggy to get a decent look at any cars. Gutted :crying:

Last edited:
Aw well, not sure what to do about tomorrow now.

How late can we turn up? The weather is set to improve as the day progresses but it was my understanding you have to be there by 10am to park on a pitch?

Ah that's a shame, but no problem at all mate.

I bought the ticket insurance for an extra £1 so I think that I'll just cancel now that i'm not helping set up due to the amber weather warning that has been issued for Wales. Should imagine the grounds will just be way too boggy to get a decent look at any cars. Gutted :crying:
Cars are on the grass but walkways between them are tarmac.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I don’t think I will be going now guys, sorry.

Weather looks dry for Combe at the moment but it’s awful over my side of the bridge. The nail in the coffin for me was seeing that next week when I’m going to be doing a lot of running about, it is now dry so if I keep the car tucked up tomorrow I save another 4 hour clean.

So it appears my tickets will be wasted, oh well :(

If I get up tomorrow and it’s glorious sunshine I will go but otherwise I’m out I think.

Not going now either. Got 5 miles down the road and still 60 miles to go but the heavens opened with a huge downpour. Was hoping to get passenger rides with some tuners but gonna be rubbish in heavy rain. Funny though as I write this the rain has stopped. Still not going though, going shopping at Swindon and seeing a mate in Swindon instead with the family.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Not going now either. Got 5 miles down the road and still 60 miles to go but the heavens opened with a huge downpour. Was hoping to get passenger rides with some tuners but gonna be rubbish in heavy rain. Funny though as I write this the rain has stopped. Still not going though, going shopping at Swindon and seeing a mate in Swindon instead with the family.

That’s 3 of us pulled out then.

I am gutted because it’s by a long way the best show of the year, the others can be a bit slow but there we go it’s done now.

Gutted too. Looked a good event and £10 is great value. How much was it to race on the track.

Yea. I didn’t make it out either. Was too much of a coin flip with the weather for me to drive 3 hours. Hopefully next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about today i have not been too well with a cold and flu for the last two weeks and even today i cant stop coughing so i had to stay at home, hope it was a good day as i enjoyed it last year.

It was a good day in the end only really rained at the beginning ok for rest of day. I got a hot lap with Tom Wrigley in his GT3 Cup car, properly scared the bejesus out of me!

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta, THQuattro, rasA4 and 3 others
Sorry about today i have not been too well with a cold and flu for the last two weeks and even today i cant stop coughing so i had to stay at home, hope it was a good day as i enjoyed it last year.
Yeh I’ve had a cough and cold for three weeks. Showing no signs of getting lost either. Wouldn’t have stopped me going but the weather this morning did

It was a good day in the end only really rained at the beginning ok for rest of day. I got a hot lap with Tom Wrigley in his GT3 Cup car, properly scared the bejesus out of me!

TX.

Wow, jealous. how much was it and was it easy to book it or was there a huge queue

Massive shame on everyone who bottled it!

It was a bit miserable until around 10am, then nothing after that. the wind came out and by 1pm we were in glorious sunshine.

You all missed a great day!

Reactions: rasA4
Massive shame on everyone who bottled it!

It was a bit miserable until around 10am, then nothing after that. the wind came out and by 1pm we were in glorious sunshine.

You all missed a great day!

Yup I was there was a bit blowy but fine was surprised I think there was about 3-4 cars on the asn stand?

I think the Met office warnings should be adhered to,no show is worth putting you in danger.
There will always be next year.

Wow, jealous. how much was it and was it easy to book it or was there a huge queue
Just a donation to their charity which got you a ticket*. Had to wait in line yes, perhaps an hours wait.

TX.

*I got given a ticket though as I keep buying brakes from him!

Reactions: THQuattro
Reactions: voorhees

TX.

This the car?
44025033 1905635196151300 4685523635891339264 o

...properly quick :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: THQuattro
This the car?
View attachment 167758

...properly quick :)

<tuffty/>

Yep. When he floored it out of the pits it literally knocked the wind out of me, I could barely breath! He was full bore accelerating in to every corner then slamming on the brakes just before we got there, the deceleration was nuts. He was also using "all of the track" as in thundering over the corner protection strips often flattening a cone that had been left there too.

TX.

Reactions: <tuffty/>