Obsolete parts

Paulie641

Reaction score
Hi all,just acquired a year 2000 S3 and I’m looking for information on how/ where you can get obsolete parts from if Audi no longer do them as I’m after the rubber strips that go in the roof channels which hold the aluminium T sections in place?,any help would be appreciated,thanks

I would imagine your best and probably only bet would be to check through the breaker groups on facebook... S3 Breaker has S3's coming out his ears so should be able to supply some used parts for this...

New old stock parts are going to be a real challenge especially if Audi UK say they don't have any... you could try german ebay as there may be a few parts kicking about there as most parts are sourced from Germany first by Audi UK anyway

Also try sticking a wanted 'ad' in the ASN classifieds... someone maybe breaking a car or have a shell left over that may have some on

<tuffty/>

Thanks for your replies,I’ve now put an ad in the parts/wanted section fingers crossed someone can help

Reactions: MPH
Thanks for the information but that’s for an A4,I need it for an S3 8L also I don’t need the aluminium insert it’s the rubber it sits in that I’m after,but I’ll message them and see if they do what I need as I have the part numbers now,thanks anyway

Thanks for the information but that’s for an A4,I need it for an S3 8L also I don’t need the aluminium insert it’s the rubber it sits in that I’m after,but I’ll message them and see if they do what I need as I have the part numbers now,thanks anyway
I thought that was one of the rubber strips and that's what you were after my apologies

I thought that was one of the rubber strips and that's what you were after my apologies
Don’t apologise it’s nice to know that people on here are very friendly and helpful in regards to helping you find what you’re after,my search goes on,thanks again

What happened to your original ones out of interest?

Sent from Syknet Global Defence Network
The aluminium t pieces started to pop out at the front and back so I took them out and by the looks of the rubbers they’d become brittle and the slot they sat in had lost it elasticity over the years so didn’t hold them in properly,and subsequently they are not available anymore from Audi UK

The aluminium t pieces started to pop out at the front and back so I took them out and by the looks of the rubbers they’d become brittle and the slot they sat in had lost it elasticity over the years so didn’t hold them in properly,and subsequently they are not available anymore from Audi UK
Strange mine are 1997 and had them out to check the roof rail corrosion perfect condition but the rubbers do need resealing once removed as they tend to stick up as you said.I have enclosed a pdf that may come in handy :thumbs up:page 66

Attachments

• General Body Assembly.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Strange mine are 1997 and had them out to check the roof rail corrosion perfect condition but the rubbers do need resealing once removed as they tend to stick up as you said.
You’re lucky then, I think a previous owner may have tried sticking the trims in with sealer and ended up pushing them down to far in places so it had a kind of ripple effect which I wasn’t happy with hence why I took them out,but like I said they’re now not available here,if I don’t have any joy in locating any I think I may fabricate some aluminium strips the width and depth of the channel and install them after being painted because I have access to suppliers as I’m a fabricator/welder

You’re lucky then, I think a previous owner may have tried sticking the trims in with sealer and ended up pushing them down to far in places so it had a kind of ripple effect which I wasn’t happy with hence why I took them out,but like I said they’re now not available here,if I don’t have any joy in locating any I think I may fabricate some aluminium strips the width and depth of the channel and install them after being painted because I have access to suppliers as I’m a fabricator/welder
Contact my friend @Asim1 to see if he can do anything for you he breaks cars and he has come in very handy in the past

Reactions: Asim1
Contact my friend @Asim1 to see if he can do anything for you he breaks cars and he has come in very handy in the past

Thanks,but how do I get in contact with him?,i’m sorry but I’m not so good with getting round websites and finding contact details,it’s definitely not my best point coming from an age when computers and the like were in the distant future and not having caught up with technology yet!!,lol

Thanks,but how do I get in contact with him?,i’m sorry but I’m not so good with getting round websites and finding contact details,it’s definitely not my best point coming from an age when computers and the like were in the distant future and not having caught up with technology yet!!,lol
I will pm you his number!

Audi tradition won't post to Northern Ireland or anywhere in GB anymote since Brexit. I tried ordering the windscreen rubbers for the top and bottom and found this out.
Best bet is fb for someone breaking a car.