OBDeleven/Coding

Last edited:
Reactions: RS03???
I am sure, you will be the first to advise on how. Hope you had a good break.

I had one on my 8V.

Quite a bit smaller and was easier to get back in the hole.

c59fe5c54e51ccc0f7c36567cfbcce3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03???
I've got one of the start stop devices, took all of about 2 minutes to install and has been working well for the last 2 weeks

A9 Soundaktor

What's the setting std? I'm sure I read 100% on here somewhere? mine was set to 80%

Reactions: Mike.46
A9 Soundaktor

What's the setting std? I'm sure I read 100% on here somewhere? mine was set to 80%
Is this able to be altered using VCDS, sorry I'm still learning what's what.

Is this able to be altered using VCDS, sorry I'm still learning what's what.
Yes, but doesnt come up under installed modules, once searched for it appears, just search A9, you can alter the % 'noise'

Good sound to be honest and very like it should sound, the one on my Golf R sounded like a cross between and RS3 and a scooby so I turned it off

Reactions: RSt3ve
I had one on my 8V.

Quite a bit smaller and was easier to get back in the hole.

c59fe5c54e51ccc0f7c36567cfbcce3b.jpg

Must be a tiny microchip emulating a key push after 3 secs after power-up, or similar power on delay pulse.

Must be a tiny microchip emulating a key push after 3 secs after power-up, or similar power on delay pulse.

Was a tiny module about the size of a thumbnail. Worked well though.

Now I just have the SS wired to the ASR module.

One thing to note though, anyone who has Ghost immobiliser can have SS disabled that way.

Reactions: Terminator x
Yes, but doesnt come up under installed modules, once searched for it appears, just search A9, you can alter the % 'noise'

Good sound to be honest and very like it should sound, the one on my Golf R sounded like a cross between and RS3 and a scooby so I turned it off
I've just done this today, might be in my head but the sound seems cleaner/more defined, almosy like it was semi distorted before, really happy with it, cheers.

I've just done this today, might be in my head but the sound seems cleaner/more defined, almosy like it was semi distorted before, really happy with it, cheers.

I’ve found 50% with ASR I can hear more external exhaust sound.

Had the neighbour ask what happened to the car to make it noticeably louder yesterday

Reactions: Economist, RSt3ve, RS03??? and 1 other person
I’ve found 50% with ASR I can hear more external exhaust sound.

Had the neighbour ask what happened to the car to make it noticeably louder yesterday

I should've been fitting the ASR today but the missus didn't hear the door yesterday, so Monday. Sounds promising though.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Mike.46
Hello all
I asked everywhere but still no luck and really need help

This RS runway display is locked on Japan version so even if you press the RS button only normal display
shows up and even on MMI when you chose display only 2 choices can be selected and is shown

Anybody can try to tell me where I can find the RS runway display coding area so I can try to unlock?
Or second solution provide me a copy of the OBD back up so I can compare with mine and define the area where it is locked?

All help appreciated

Hello all

This RS runway display is locked on Japan version so even if you press the RS button only normal display
shows up and even on MMI when you chose display only 2 choices can be selected and is shown

Anybody can try to tell me where I can find the RS runway display coding area so I can try to unlock?
Or second solution provide me a copy of the OBD back up so I can compare with mine and define the area where it is locked?

All help appreciated

It’ll be locked by firmware. Nothing that OBD will be able to change.

Hello all

All help appreciated

Yeah for some odd reason some markets receive different MMI layouts and features, where I’m from we also don’t get the runaway layout.

It’ll be locked by firmware. Nothing that OBD will be able to change.

oooh Thanks you.So basically nothing I can do here except Audi Japan decide to update it?

oooh Thanks you.So basically nothing I can do here except Audi Japan decide to update it?

Only way is a region change, but I doubt Audi will entertain that.

Just noticed ODBeleven Pro pack on special deal until tomorrow on their website plus £21.72 shipping. Seems a good deal?
F8BA28A1 3DB8 4695 9E8E 73D001CD5B9C

Just noticed ODBeleven Pro pack on special deal until tomorrow on their website plus £21.72 shipping. Seems a good deal?
View attachment 258918
I don’t really recommend, 90% of the codings don’t work for the 8Y and even ones they say they do (for example disabling the headlight washer doesn’t work and plenty more), if you want to code get vcds, but you might need it for unlocking some things to access them using vcds ( @8YARWY is the guru so ask him for more detailed explanation I haven’t done it haha)

Reactions: 8YARWY and 3vans
I don’t really recommend, 90% of the codings don’t work for the 8Y and even ones they say they do (for example disabling the headlight washer doesn’t work and plenty more), if you want to code get vcds, but you might need it for unlocking some things to access them using vcds ( @8YARWY is the guru so ask him for more detailed explanation I haven’t done it haha)

It’s a rip off as I’ve been saying all along.

Only thing it’s good for is unlocking SFD but even that has other work arounds now.

Reactions: 3vans
I recently bought OBD11 pro and works fine (8v s3)

- added the audible alarm blip
- removed fake exhaust (soundaktor) sound to 0%
- increased throttle pedal (however can’t really notice a difference)
- increased comfort turn signal from 3 to 5
- mirror dip

the above in itself is worth the money for me but each to their own

Reactions: 3vans
I recently bought OBD11 pro and works fine (8v s3)

- added the audible alarm blip
- removed fake exhaust (soundaktor) sound to 0%
- increased throttle pedal (however can’t really notice a difference)
- increased comfort turn signal from 3 to 5
- mirror dip

the above in itself is worth the money for me but each to their own

Maybe semi ok on 8V platform but the fact still remains that on the 8Y it’s rubbish.

Reactions: MikeTV
Guys how can i remove the mmi message when you start car? Privacy statement message. The do not show again is greyed out.

Also how can i input address into sat nav keyboard when moving? As a passenger its annoying as its greyed out.

Guys how can i remove the mmi message when you start car? Privacy statement message. The do not show again is greyed out.

Also how can i input address into sat nav keyboard when moving? As a passenger its annoying as its greyed out.
When driving it won’t let you type, safety feature I believe, you have to use voice, can’t recall if you can drawer the letters though. Agree it’s annoying as your passenger can type!

When driving it won’t let you type, safety feature I believe, you have to use voice, can’t recall if you can drawer the letters though. Agree it’s annoying as your passenger can type!
Yeh you have to draw it which is a pain. Bigger unsafe feature. Can it not be sorted via obd11 and the message at beginning?

Yes, PITA that the passenger cant use the type function, voice activation is not bad though

I had a good look around in 5F yesterday and there’s nothing in adaptions to alter the Nav input