OBDeleven/Coding

I had a good look around in 5F yesterday and there’s nothing in adaptions to alter the Nav input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aah thats rubbish. Pretty crap tbf especially when you have a passenger who can should be able to do it.

Aah thats rubbish. Pretty crap tbf especially when you have a passenger who can should be able to do it.

A lot of things aren’t there any more.

I’ve been playing around with DrivingDynamics and trying to get the Torque distribution animation to work like in the Golf8R but no joy.

So tbh their aint much we can do via obd11 or vcds then? Havr you found the launch control counter?

It’ll be locked by firmware. Nothing that OBD will be able to change.

Sorry to ask you again. Any solution to unlock firmware to try to activate some stuff?

Jp version they locked
RS runway view
RS headlight animation
RS taillight animation

I am disappointed we dont have those and want to try having these features so any tips appreciated
Thanks for your help

Sorry to ask you again. Any solution to unlock firmware to try to activate some stuff?

Jp version they locked
RS runway view
RS headlight animation
RS taillight animation

I am disappointed we dont have those and want to try having these features so any tips appreciated
Thanks for your help

Have you tried the rear animation with OBD11 ?

A lot of things aren’t there any more.

I’ve been playing around with DrivingDynamics and trying to get the Torque distribution animation to work like in the Golf8R but no joy.

I find it weird that the Golf8R and the RS3 use basically the same tech and yet are so different in their operation, almost as if Audi and VW were both handed the same parts and then told to go away, assemble and programme them,

There are loads of other better and worse examples as well, it's almost as if they are told to go off in different directions to see what the customer response is, a couple of eg:

The DSG in the RS3 is far smoother on changes than I remember my GolfR
The Magna diff operation seems far better in the Golf8R than the RS3 (Golf8R you can just get in one and leather it, RS3 very twitchy by comparison)
The ACC (adaptive cruise) was much better programmed in my Golf7R than my RS3
The Audi steering wheel switches and general switches are FAR better than the Golfs Haptic steering wheel affair and everything done through the screen
Golf8R 'nanny' aids (stabilty control TC etc) start interfeering an awful lot sooner than the same stuff on the RS3 and need to be switched to Sport or OFF on every slightly spirited drive

Reactions: Daggerit
For those that can’t input via keyboard while in motion, you can input into Waze / Google maps in CarPlay while on the move.

Reactions: K44WMY
For those that can’t input via keyboard while in motion, you can input into Waze / Google maps in CarPlay while on the move.

You can also go the handwriting thing but it's pretty difficult to do and not recommended while actually moving.

You can also go the handwriting thing but it's pretty difficult to do and not recommended while actually moving.

Lol more distracting than actually typing something.

I’ve used voice commands and to be fair it’s not been bad on the few occasions I’ve tested it.

There is another way to possibly remove the warning message and allow input on the move by passengers, but I need to test it.

As I said though Waze / Google maps in CarPlay allow input on the move.

This i dont get. They allow us to hand write but not tyoe it?
Yeah I only discovered that by accident while on my way back from London.

Really bizarre. I need to learn the voice commands. As I do like the Nav on the HUD and might as well use it while it still works.

Note also it gets regular updates. 3 in 3 days for me.

Bizarrely enough, voice commands don't work when driving in the EU or at least the countries I visited.

So far I've found this the best method. I'm not the clearest of speakers and despite my North Derbyshire/North Notts twang the MMI picks up what I'm saying every time.

I'm amazed in Europe they feel handwritten is safer than speech. To me it's as bad, if not worse than texting.

Reactions: IanL-RS3
Hi! I did many things with OBD11 but I’ve already got wireless carplay so I can’t help on that.

Regarding the start/stop deactivation I’ve also noticed that there’s no more reference in 19-gateway, so the voltage trick isn’t possibile anymore. Going around the various modules I noticed that in the 01-Engine under Adaptation there is a channel “start/stop function” which is “enabled“ by default and there is also a “disable” option. I wasn’t confident to change that, but maybe we need to try this way.

So far I managed to active many things using OBD11 app or coding, such as:
  • Video in motion
  • lane assist memory
  • scandinavian DRL (rear DRL always on)
  • acoustic alert at lock
  • sound actuator volume put down by 50%
  • Other minor things that I can’t remember right now
I’m looking to activate few more mods which are pretty interesting, but codes found on internet didn’t work:
  • Pulsating/heartbeat start button
  • Car lock with engine on
  • transform Lane Assist into Lane Keeping (don’t know if it’s possible with same hardware, I’ve ACC and pre sense basic)
  • enable traffic jam assist (don’t know if it’s possible with same hardware, I’ve ACC and pre sense basic)
  • and last but not least, disable exhaust valve (which used to be in 1-engine, long conding, byte 9, bit 2 but is not the same on 8y)
If anyone has clue on some points it’ll be much appreciated :)
Did you by chance get the Pulsating start button to work? Mine didn't work too. I have a 2014 A3