OBD2 Question

lau06275

Reaction score
I had posted this in the Volkswagen bit but I guess it applies to my A3 also as it will be same system etc.

"General query, looking for some info as to what extent you can use OBD2 devices with newish audi/volkswagens.

More specifically basically just looking for something to reset the engine management light. Will OBD2 scanners like the type available on amazon etc. be able to do this or will it have to be the rosstech CANbus cable etc.

Car to be used on is a Golf R32

Cheers"

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chris

Readers may well remove lights, but to find out the causes & check everythings working as it should, VCDS is definitely the way forward, its just allot more comprehensive, reads, scans the whole car, clears all codes, measures, tests, recodes, lots of things that are of use to many different vehicle owner.

Get yourself VCDS mate, nobody ever regretted it that I'm aware of :)

VCDS defo worth the extra money...

Readers may well remove lights, but to find out the causes & check everythings working as it should, VCDS is definitely the way forward, its just allot more comprehensive, reads, scans the whole car, measures, tests, recodes, lots of things that are of use to many different vehicle owner.

Get yourself VCDS mate, nobody ever regretted it that I'm aware of :)

Reactions: NHN
NHN are you still selling them. Will need to get some funds together I think.

I am & have stock to post out for next day delivery :)