V6Tom

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend OBD2 Bluetooth scanners,

I have a friend with a blue-driver one but i hear the cheap ones on ali express are just as good

Anyone got any recommendations, Ross-Tech is out of my budget right now and i have higher priority mods to spend money on lol

Thanks in advance

I have a £10 one from amazon, works but doesn’t always pick up everything the vcds cable finds.

If you’re using it with anything Apple make sure you get WiFi, not Bluetooth.

I have a £10 one from amazon, works but doesn’t always pick up everything the vcds cable finds.

If you’re using it with anything Apple make sure you get WiFi, not Bluetooth.
Thanks for the input, I use android devices so bluetooth is the better option for me

I have the Obdeleven scanner. It's not expensive. And works with most if not all VAG cars. Though depending on the model of car you have it can have limitations. I found it very useful, it scans and resets error codes which was my reason to get it, can mod the cars, and also monitor various gauges when trying to diagnose issues. I just got the basic one think it cost me around £25. Runs well on android.

Sent from a Galaxy Far, Far, Far Away

Reactions: leshkin and V6Tom
If you are using the Torque App, I find it isn't great at finding fault codes on my 8P model.
It does log data very well though.
Carista seems to be a better app as it reads fault codes better and can actually program things that you would need VCDS for (the free version let me turn off drivers side only unlock on one key press).
The dongle I bought is this one because it is very small and doesn't get in the way when left plugged in to the OBD port:
Amazon product

I have the Obdeleven scanner. It's not expensive. And works with most if not all VAG cars. Though depending on the model of car you have it can have limitations. I found it very useful, it scans and resets error codes which was my reason to get it, can mod the cars, and also monitor various gauges when trying to diagnose issues. I just got the basic one think it cost me around £25. Runs well on android.

Sent from a Galaxy Far, Far, Far Away

OBDEleven is one I always have in the glovebox when VCDS and laptop are not about. Work well and the pro license allows for coding to be done - definitely worth the money.