OBD11 - VIM + Different versions available?

metzer_001

Reaction score
Hi,

So I've just purchased Carista, however one thing it cannot do is enable Video in Motion so I am thinking of returning it.

Considering getting OBD11 instead, however there seems to be various versions of it:

Amazon £80
http s://www.amazon.co.uk/OBDeleven-version-diagnostic-tool-Skoda/dp/B00OTG9K9I

OBD11 Website £35
https://obdeleven.com/en/home/10-obdeleven-device-0725423005103.html

Whats the difference between them?

And also, is it definitely possible to enable VIM using this device on a 2011 B8? (MMI is 3G High). I read something about purchasing credits, how much would it work out too in £?

Many thanks

In order to use the apps on OBDeleven and the fault scanning then you just need the dongle. The pro version will let you do long codeing VCDS style. You can buy the pro version at anytime through the app or from the website if you find it offers something you want at a later date.

The cheapest place to get ODBeleven is direct! Do not get ripped off on Amazon or eBay.

For the dongle and the pro package I think is circa £61 delivered. Just the dongle is the £35 as you said. There are other options available that include tat. They sometimes have offers on that will include 200 credits.

You can get 6 credits per day for free, 1 for just opening the app and another 5 for watching 10 to 30 second adverts.

10 credits cost £1.59
100 credits cost £11.99
500 credits cost £32.49

The best part is the app is free. So install it now and make up your account, enter your car details and see if VIM is available in the app section for your car. Then start collecting your free credits now while you wait for your dongle to arrive.

Plenty of posts and vids on YouTube available to teach you the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: metzer_001
As above. OBD11 is a great tool. I've used the Apps on my car for: Needle Sweep, remote tailgate, Auto start/stop default off, Auto start/stop swapped, Lap timer. It does VIM on my car, but not used it. I've saved quite a lot of credits too; just remember to grab 6 daily.

Ace, thanks guys for the info. I shall download the app now and start building up credits whilst I return Carista and buy OBD11 instead :)