OBD11 use on S3

RichK

Reaction score
Hi, So as a newbie to OBD11 I’ve been doing some research and just wondered if anyone with an S3 has used it to implement some of the apps, like the gmeter and engine torque displays on the virtual cockpit. Looks like there’s a good few tweaks that can be done, but before I jump in head first and purchased the Ultimate package for 180euros I was interested to get some views. I have a vorsprung so it already has quite a few gadgets. Definitely some things I’d change via the apps available. Is there a good place, other than here, where I can also find out a bit more on coding also?
Cheers, Richard

Did a bit more research on this over the past few days, found the OBD11 forum. From what I’ve read none of the apps appear to work, sounds like no one has got anything to work. Was considering the Ultimate version which has access to all the S3 apps. Might hang back till it’s a bit more reliable - and actually working!

Did a bit more research on this over the past few days, found the OBD11 forum. From what I’ve read none of the apps appear to work, sounds like no one has got anything to work. Was considering the Ultimate version which has access to all the S3 apps. Might hang back till it’s a bit more reliable - and actually working!
Hi,

Please keep us posted.

Thanks saved me from wasting money on time.

I've tried a few but got the lane assist one to work (ive set it to remember the last setting). I have the Pro so i was able to long code the RS tail light animation as well.

I've tried a few but got the lane assist one to work (ive set it to remember the last setting). I have the Pro so i was able to long code the RS tail light animation as well.
I’ve read about long coding, that sounds quite technical and high possibility of a mistake?

I’ve read about long coding, that sounds quite technical and high possibility of a mistake?

This is why VCDS is better at this, all changes are saved in a Coding / Adaption log that’s viewable in excel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only got the lane assist memory to work on my A3 but thankfully have had loads more success with my wifes mk8 Golf which most have worked very well.

I only got the lane assist memory to work on my A3 but thankfully have had loads more success with my wifes mk8 Golf which most have worked very well.
I’d love to change that setting too, but the OBD11 seems quite expensive right now just to resolve that one problem.