Facelift OBD Portector

RVP20

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been a while since I've been on here but I thought I would throw this out there.

My cars is on order and keyless (and I can't wait!!) I wanted extra security though.
Has anyone heard of a company called OBD Portector?
Apparently is a device fitted with no 'hard' wiring and won't effect my warranty?

What's people's thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst I'm a big fan of clever coding, plug in trickery or mechanical protection, I quite like the more direct approach. Half hour and a bit of effort, you can cut the data highway and render the ODB port useless. Another half hour, a bit of electronics training and some clever soldering, and you can make the ODB port blow the brains out of any unauthorised device anyone plugs into it. Just don't forget you've done it when you take it the dealers though...

IMG 1697

Yes I think you are right but this device doesn't involve hard wiring and claim it won't void the warranty. Plus it allows the dealer to plug in their laptop as you can disable the device when it goes in for a service.
It all seems to good to be true. I might ask audi if it will make my warranty void if it's fitted.

Hey guys,

Been a while since I've been on here but I thought I would throw this out there.

My cars is on order and keyless (and I can't wait!!) I wanted extra security though.
Has anyone heard of a company called OBD Portector?
Apparently is a device fitted with no 'hard' wiring and won't effect my warranty?

What's people's thoughts?

Yes, they are on here and are a site sponsor, I'm sure they give you a discount for being a forum member as well.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/competitions/win-a-obd-portector-worth-£329.19/

20% discount: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/on-board-defence-obd-ltd.362/

I have one I bought from Amazon for £189 and I never used as I installed a jb4 and I need to use the port. Yours for £90 if you want it.

I've Been in contact with audi uk who state that this is not a product they can recommend as it's not been tested by them. That means that the warranty would not stand if I get this fitted. Can you help re this? Thanks

Just pop the OBDII port out of its holder and tuck it down the side as pictured. This location cannot be accessed with the drivers door closed, would be thieves will not wast time looking for it, wiring is not altered so Audi won't kick off... job done.

15958700635 38a4314391 c

*picture is of a golf as I could not find an A3 photo, but you get the idea.

Reactions: T-800