OBD-II Question

Yes it does but its pre-facelift (represent) and its 99 so it probably wont have it in the same place as mine which is under the steering wheel. Yours might be under ash tray centre console. Get VCDS, cheap and very good!

Hi guys,

Saw this post from a while ago and have been trying to get my car hooked up to OBDii recently with no success. Mine is 99/2000 Xreg S3 also, but never got OBDii working so wondered if it wasn't compliant. I heard a lot about it being dependant on the pins connected on the reverse of my 16-pin connector. Here is a picture of mine; could anyone with more experience tell me if mine would be compatible / I would NEED VCDS or VAGcom / it would work with any open source reader etc. Pin 1 is bottom left on this picture

mail

Many thanks!!
Aran

I got a cheap obd Bluetooth reader from eBay for £10. Can hook it up to my android phone, laptop or iPad. Torque is the program I use on my android, only tried it out today but it does seem inaccurate compared to when I use my vcds and cable.

So you think I might need to get VCDS rather than some other random software for it to work?