OBD II Functions on your iphone

S£

Reaction score
I think this looks pretty cool, pretty much the same as the Liquid S3 i imagine.

Probably cheaper too as all you need to do is buy the wifi adapter for the port and the app for the phone.. And obviously have the phone!

Linky

That sounds quite good. Shame i havent got an iphone.
Whats a liquid s3

Are they available for pre-facelift cars?

The Liquid S3 I mean?

Ooh i know what it is now, cheers voorhees

i have been looking through their website, and how do you go about ordering their hardware, and how much does it cost?

S£;714477 said:
I think this looks pretty cool, pretty much the same as the Liquid S3 i imagine.

Probably cheaper too as all you need to do is buy the wifi adapter for the port and the app for the phone.. And obviously have the phone!

Linky

That looks awesome!!!... It will work out to be a bit more expensive than a liquid S3, due to the wifi OBD interface requirement, but it's so much more portable/doesn't require butchering the vents and is probably much easier to update!

Sounds like I now where some of my bonus is going next month!!! :drool:

Here are what they both do..

Rev does -:
  • Vehicle Speed Not on the Liquid S3
  • RPM Not on the Liquid S3
  • Fuel Consumption* Not on the Liquid S3
  • Engine Coolant Temp
  • Fuel Pressure Not on the Liquid S3
  • Calculated Engine Load
  • Throttle Position Not on the Liquid S3
  • Intake Manifold Pressure Not on the Liquid S3
  • Air Intake Temp
  • Timing Advance
  • Mass Air Flow
  • Fuel Level Not on the Liquid S3
  • Barometric Pressure Not on the Liquid S3
  • EVAP System Vapor Pressure Not on the Liquid S3
  • Fuel Trim Not on the Liquid S3
  • Boost**

Liquid S3 does -:

Gauge Display

Engine power
Torque
Boost pressure
Cmd pressure
Mass Air Flow
Air Fuel Ratio
Air intake temp
Exhaust temp
Coolant temp
N75 position

Oil temp

Graph data
Engine power
Torque
Boost pressure
Cmd pressure
Mass Air Flow
Air Fuel Ratio
Air intake temp
Exhaust temp
Coolant temp
N75 position
Missfire

Dyno plot
Timing Correction plot

G - Force Display
Bar Graph
Left
Right
Acceleration
Deceleration

Speed timing
0-60mph acceleration timing

0-100mph acceleration timing

Faults and Adaptations
Display and Erase Fault Codes

Big turbo setting for up to 500hp engines
English, French, Finnish and German language versions
Imperial or Metric units

You know the revo! Does it come in a lcd display unit like the liquid s3?

sorry i meant Rev, that what you compared against the liquid s3!

sorry i meant Rev, that what you compared against the liquid s3!
Hey Dani, I think you misunderstood. The REV is an application for the iPhone, which can connect to a wireless adapter that provides the data from the car.

As such, the iPhone provides the screen and the control interface... Here is a demo:

[ytv]iRfLS6jkBMY[/ytv]

[ytv]pjC4iqICp1g[/ytv]

Yeah your right i did, i only read snipets of the thread, my bad :blush:

Ok so just realised i can use the ipod touch with this :yahoo: but this may seem a blonde question but where do i buy the rev software from (had alook all over apple store and cant find it) and where do i get the interefaces from?

Well ive been on th apple store and just cant find it :uhm:

I just typed 'revs' in the search and found it in the app store more or less right away...

Its in the sports section...

You are using iTunes rather than the online apple store? I didn't think you could buy apps etc through the website, its iTunes you need...

<tuffty/>

For that software to work on the iPhone or iPod, you need a wireless ODBII dongle. These are £100 plus I think.

Just thought I would mention it.

Ok so ive managed to find the software (you have to actualy load itunes up then look on their :whistle2:) but where can i get the connector from?

Ok so just realised i can use the ipod touch with this :yahoo: but this may seem a blonde question but where do i buy the rev software from (had alook all over apple store and cant find it) and where do i get the interefaces from?

how can you use this software with the itouch when the itouch doesn't have blue tooth???????

how can you use this software with the itouch when the itouch doesn't have blue tooth???????

Im only goin with what the website said, said the rev software could be used with both iphone and ipod touch.

Sorry, was at the misses yesterday and her internet or computer wouldnt allow the links to open so persumed they where dead links.

Im only goin with what the website said, said the rev software could be used with both iphone and ipod touch.

ahh im pretty sure the software would work but i just dont get how it would connect to your car! unless it connected like a wireless net work! only worried cos i want it!!! looks a great toy!!:o.k:

You would need to buy a WiFi ODBII dongle. That software does not work with anything else. I may buy one I think.

ahh im pretty sure the software would work but i just dont get how it would connect to your car! unless it connected like a wireless net work! only worried cos i want it!!! looks a great toy!!:o.k:

I know what you mean but hasnt the ipod touch got wifi?

The only thing putting me off buying it is the fact its going to cost best part of £300 after buying an ipod and i think id have togo with the obdkey wlan, looks the best and its the dearest haha.
Is it really worth £300!!!

The only thing putting me off buying it is the fact its going to cost best part of £300 after buying an ipod and i think id have togo with the obdkey wlan, looks the best and its the dearest haha.
Is it really worth £300!!!

you do have a valid point........but im a fool for a gadget!! and i already have the itouch :)

Does the Liquid S£ not do all above, maybe not a nice gauges but it does it all. and has nice fitting in the vent too?

Yeah, but this software tells you error codes in the ECU. I reckon if it took off then a lot more could be done to it (developers) such as clearing ECU logs, writing to ECU but then there would be audi knocking on doors, or atleast companys like Rosstech etc. And I reckon the Hardware of the WIFI dongle would come down too.... in time. At the moment the cheapest I can see is £204.

Group buy per chance?

I would deffinately be in for a group buy.
I love the idea of the liquid s3 but refuse to lose a vent, if they did a housing for the a pillar id get a liquid s3.

Dont think the software works with bluetooth.... not the last time I checked... that was about a month ago though. Also the advertise it as iphone and ipod compatible.... the ipod touch dont have bluetooth. Will be great if it does work with bluetooth as it is cheaper... but I really dont think it does.

Dont think the software works with bluetooth.... not the last time I checked... that was about a month ago though. Also the advertise it as iphone and ipod compatible.... the ipod touch dont have bluetooth. Will be great if it does work with bluetooth as it is cheaper... but I really dont think it does.

It definitely does not work via bluetooth. The device you need is a wifi adapter, which works via an ad-hoc network connection with both ipod touch and iphone.

leshkin your in the it trade arnt you, any idea where we could find a good cheap obd wifi connector?