OBD Error Code "p1504" - Help..?

danzman2002

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Engine Management light came on a week or so ago, car drives absolutely spot on.

Plugged it into my OBD cable, came up with error code "p1504", used the software to reset the codes. Driven it 300 faultless miles and it's come back on again!

I googled the error code and it says something about an air leak - I'm not particularly mechanically minded, I've visually inspected the engine bay but can see anything obvious.

What I was just wondering was, should I buy VAGCOM, would it give me a more specific error message?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel

this guy had the same fault code as you

Hi There. Found the problem is is a split hose that comes of what looks like the throttle body and travels down under the engine.

so id say smoke test to find the leak and take it from there

might help if you let us know what engine your car has.
Sorry, would help!It's an Audi A4 Avant 2.0l FSI
this guy had the same fault code as you Hi There. Found the problem is is a split hose that comes of what looks like the throttle body and travels down under the engine. so id say smoke test to find the leak and take it from there
Will have another look when I get time!Thank you :)

this guy had the same fault code as you

Hi There. Found the problem is is a split hose that comes of what looks like the throttle body and travels down under the engine.

so id say smoke test to find the leak and take it from there

How do you do a smoke test?