OBD Eleven

pez81

Reaction score
I was going to shell out for VAGCOM but as i only want to change a few things i thought id try a cheaper option first. I ordered the Obdeleven software and bluetooth reader it came in a couple of days and cost about £35 or something can't remember.

I have already activated laptimer and once i have read up on it will see if i can lower my air suspension too.

Software is good from initial uses. I've not used it a lot but for what it costs and what you can do seems pretty decent. They are apparently working on live data logging which might be a nice feature (if i ever even use it.)

Pro's
Connects really easily
allows you to mod operating tools and software in your car similar to vagcom
GUI is slick

Cons
less features than VCDS but it's about a 10th of the price

Only weird thing that happened last night when i was driving was i clicked something i should have and the car lost all power. I simply turned off the app and restarted the car and it was fine. So that's not really the apps fault and it did warn me before hand that it wasn't advisable. But trying tell a stubborn git not to do something and he will do it anyway.

Oh yeah i've also added the mod so that the power tailgate closes with the key fob too now. I always hated that it didn't do that.

Reactions: scottshere and jojo
On our 2012 avant the boot closes from the fob from he factory! Strange!

I was going to shell out for VAGCOM but as i only want to change a few things i thought id try a cheaper option first. I ordered the Obdeleven software and bluetooth reader it came in a couple of days and cost about £35 or something can't remember.

I have already activated laptimer and once i have read up on it will see if i can lower my air suspension too.

Software is good from initial uses. I've not used it a lot but for what it costs and what you can do seems pretty decent. They are apparently working on live data logging which might be a nice feature (if i ever even use it.)

Pro's
Connects really easily
allows you to mod operating tools and software in your car similar to vagcom
GUI is slick

Cons
less features than VCDS but it's about a 10th of the price

Only weird thing that happened last night when i was driving was i clicked something i should have and the car lost all power. I simply turned off the app and restarted the car and it was fine. So that's not really the apps fault and it did warn me before hand that it wasn't advisable. But trying tell a stubborn git not to do something and he will do it anyway.

Oh yeah i've also added the mod so that the power tailgate closes with the key fob too now. I always hated that it didn't do that.

May I ask are you using a tablet or phone to control the App? I have a Carista Dongle that does the same, the only one that will work using Apple products. Not paid the extra for the additional features, as I have VCDS, but for £15, I might try it out.

Android phone

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jojo
I had to program it in on my 2012 A6 Avant, it's definitely not a standard feature on UK cars.

How weird - is it just press once and it closes or press and hold? Ours is press and hold - and then it beeps as it closes. We are the first owner, collected from a main dealer in June 2012 - never asked for it to be enabled!

On my 2016 S6 the UK version you don't get this but after tweaking it does now

How weird - is it just press once and it closes or press and hold? Ours is press and hold - and then it beeps as it closes. We are the first owner, collected from a main dealer in June 2012 - never asked for it to be enabled!
You need to press and hold for either open or close, but once the boot lid is in motion, you can let go. It beeps when closing. You can set it so the boot lid stops mid closing if you let go of the button though.

Probally need to invest but the a6 has just cost me 2600 and im near 600 on the s3 this month.

Its one of those thing ive been getting for almost 10 years lol

Probally need to invest but the a6 has just cost me 2600 and im near 600 on the s3 this month.

Its one of those thing ive been getting for almost 10 years lol
If you haven't needed it for the last 10 years, I doubt you'll need it now? Few local forum members can do it for you, it takes 5-10 minutes, depending on your level of how to use it. I'd happily do it for you if you was nearby.

Reactions: fingermouse
Don't leave this dongle plugged in it will flatten your battery. And it appears you can't lower the air suspension. Pretty crap

The ODB port is permanent live, if you rewired the port to switch live then it will won't flatten the battery. Carista is a basic application, and you get what you pay for. VCDS or VCP is far better, and over time will pay for themselves.

Reactions: jojo and pez81