OBD Eleven - Wireless Apple CarPlay Activation - Confirmed Coding

pp2414

Reaction score
This one worked on my A6 C8 model from Sep 2018

Before you use OBD Eleven unpair/delete any Apple devices from CarPlay and Bluetooth
Then remove your car if already paired from the Apple phone/device
Go to setting/general/CarPlay)

In OBD Eleven:
Module : 5F. (Information Control Unit)
Adaptation
Vehicle Configuration
MirrorLink = On
WiFi_Client_HMI = On
Apple_DIO_Wireless = On
wlan_5ghz_switch = Activated
Apple_DIO = On
Reboot the MMI by holding down the volume button for approx 30 seconds.
Do not plug your Apple device into USB
Make sure the WIFI hot-spot is turned on in the MMI settings
Pair your Apple device with Bluetooth - it should now ask if you want to enable CarPlay.
If it doesn’t, delete the pairing, and connect to the car’s wifi first from the Apple device, and try pairing via Bluetooth again.

My wireless CarPlay works perfectly each time I jump into my car. Great feature.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: psychopomp1
I can confirm the instructions in post #1 work a treat! Though I had trouble getting the OBD11 app on my iPhone to complete the 'write' process, but then realised I had to leave the bonnet open as is the case with all MY2019+ cars (mine is 2020). After I left the bonnet open, it worked.

One small issue: I mainly plan on using Google Maps in Car Play ideally with Google imagery in the back ground. I had it working initially but its gone back to standard google maps without any imagery, any idea on how i can get the imagery back in the MMI? I can switch on the imagery on the iphone but its not replicated in the MMI. This is what I want to see:

Many thanks again OP! :)

Ok managed to get satellite imagery again in Google Maps on MMI screen. After selecting satellite imagery on iphone, had to close Google Maps on MMI, and then after re-opening, imagery appeared again.

Reactions: pp2414
Ok managed to get satellite imagery again in Google Maps on MMI screen. After selecting satellite imagery on iphone, had to close Google Maps on MMI, and then after re-opening, imagery appeared again.

You can also switch between satellite and standard map view directly on the Apple CarPlay Google maps in the settings menu.
Enjoy!

You can also switch between satellite and standard map view directly on the Apple CarPlay Google maps in the settings menu.
Enjoy!

How would I do this? I can't see any setting within CarPlay Google Maps which allows switching between standard and satellite maps.
Cheers

How would I do this? I can't see any setting within CarPlay Google Maps which allows switching between standard and satellite maps.
Cheers

While in CarPlay Google Maps tap on the screen. You should see settings icon.
Once you in you should see something like the screen below.

b2c62e8c5ddc03ee42bca0945ef909b5.jpg

Hi
Could you post a link to the device I need to activate wireless CarPlay please.
I’m new to this

cheers

Hi
Could you post a link to the device I need to activate wireless CarPlay please.
I’m new to this

cheers
You need to buy the OBDEleven dongle and Pro licence for your iOS device. I don't think the 'Basic' licence allows you to do stuff like coding or adaptations so it has to be the Pro version. You then need to follow the instructions in post #1, though there's also an app in OBD11 Pro called 'Wireless CarPlay' which *should* activate carplay using a single click....but this uses up 100 credits!! (ouch)
https://obdeleven.com/en/home/139-pro-pack-0758277987813.html

I have the wireless CarPlay on my 182 Audi A6 C8. Very easy to set up with the OBDeleven. I didn't have to do all the stages that the OP stated. I just connected to the OBD Dongle as usual, selected the Wireless CarPlay app and activated. cost 100 credits but that is only €3.50 which is very cheap.
Didn't have to disconnect the iPhone or anything just make sure the bonnet is open and ignition is on.

Works like a charm so many thanks to the OP

While in CarPlay Google Maps tap on the screen. You should see settings icon.
Once you in you should see something like the screen below.

b2c62e8c5ddc03ee42bca0945ef909b5.jpg

Thanks, do see the 'satellite map' option under settings so all good on that front. However in your screenshot there's a 'speed limit' option yet i don't see this? Also how do I add/remove apps on the right side, which I presume are short cuts or frequently used apps? Many thanks!

Thanks, do see the 'satellite map' option under settings so all good on that front. However in your screenshot there's a 'speed limit' option yet i don't see this? Also how do I add/remove apps on the right side, which I presume are short cuts or frequently used apps? Many thanks!

Please ignore my photo as o just grabbed it from the web to show how to switch between Google maps satellite and standard view.

Please ignore my photo as o just grabbed it from the web to show how to switch between Google maps satellite and standard view.

I have a new q3 sportback to access these functions do I need to have the pro version of obdeleven?