OBD Bluetooth plug in....

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Who's running these? I know stu (vetch) is, just wondering who else is, here's the item i'm reffering to:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370225653624&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Really want to get one so i can download REV etc to see how the car's doing, i know VAG COM is better but i don't have the funds at the moment.
The only thing that puts me off is some storys ive read regarding these knackering the obd port up and some worst case's were its knackered the ecu etc, think there a bit far fetched, but anyway, what's peoples thoughts?

Thanks finesse, i want something like the rev application though, just to have in the car, i'm hardwiring a boost and oil pressure/temp gauge(s) into the a pillar but wanted something i can use for intake temps etc while on the move.

I know, would like one but funds just dont allow :(, my suspension venture has cost more than i thought it would.

Where have those stories come from Dan? Ive used mine a good few times without problems. Build quality and whether it actually works after travelling all the way from Hong Kong are the only issues Ive come across.

Most of the people on the Torque forum I go on use them too, on loads of different cars/ECUs.

American forums, was searching through the net on different forums for the applications available for cars etc, then came across the storys, suppose it's americans for you though :) haha.

So yours has been fine then stu?

****** Yanks!

Yeah, mine seems to work just fine. I don't have any complaints. Ive no idea how long it will last though!

Yep, every time Ive been in the car since Ive had it.

i take it you mean the one on the dash?? cos it certainly isnt under the one in the rear like where the a4's have it!!.. sorry to be such a numpty! lol

I thought REV on the iPhone was only compatible with the WiFi OBD dongles?