1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

O2 Lambda sensor fault code P0130 01/01

S3 ROCKS Feb 10, 2020

1. S3 ROCKS

S3 ROCKS steve

Hi all just a quick post regarding advice on the fault code P0130 01/01. This was using a generic OBD II reader. I have no access to VAG Com.

Looking online the fault code is the Lambda Sensor Bank 1 oxy sensor. I've found a handy video from an APY TT showing the removal process. This shows it as a pre cat lambda sensor. Can anyone advise on the correct part as it seems a minefield out there. Checked euro car parts and they have a miriad of different options.

Also do I require a lambda sensor double depth modified socket or can i just use a crows foot socket?

You tube vid is below along with euro links. My engine is an AMK 2001 210bhp

Thankyou

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. S3 ROCKS

S3 ROCKS steve

Update from original post

Audi have quoted£223,84 for the bank 1 sensor 1 lambda sensor pre cat.

This is well above what I can afford having spent so much on parts to keep the car running already.

Can anyone provide the oem pt no please for an AMK so I can source a cheaper Bosch item? Audi no longer provide pt nos

4. AGB-S3

AGB-S3 Active Member

All the engine sensors are bit $$ , the turbo inlet temp is £270
    as is the lateral accelerator sensor ,

I suspect the problem is , the engine management is pre , '' sensor calibration code''
    so they need to be more accurate than the modern ones , that come with a
    calibration 'code' so can be any old junk as long as it calibrates on final test
    and the system prints out a code .

the new pre-turbo temp sensor has detachable probe , much cheaper ..
    and of course , never miss a commercial opportunity ,
    audi Versus VW pricing still about ?