O.K Now I am seriously stuck!

Ibzzzzz

Reaction score
So I have been banging on about a getting CTR for about a year now and lucky for me my friend got a job with the Honda salesteam last year and offered to sort me out a good finance deal on a NEW, yes new CTR (Civic Type R) spec'd to my choice.......So when I graduate from uni this year ill be rolling in an '09 CTR!

However my predicament being that I just got out the drivers seat of an MRC tuned B5 S4.....To be honest when I parked up I didnt want to leave the cream recaro....Reason being it partly reminded me of my old A4 and partly because it was the best car I have driven in a while!

It leaped towards the end of the road when taking off and just didnt want to stop steaming forward! The amount of boost available was just immense! On the twisties the quattro never let me down being able to go round bends on boost in third is just something that took me a while to take in....I really do push the limits of my A3 round these bends but this is now way something to compare it by....

Although comparing a 200bhp Hatch against a twin turbo 330bhp Saloon isn't fair I really do see the S4 being a better prospect. With the prices hitting rock bottom at around 8K for a decent facelift I should be able to pay for one outright, Mind you I might need to take out a finance plan with BP for fuel...But thats just something i'll have to live with!

If im honest the hatch was just a boy racer-ish plan to go ahead with and I think ive grown out of it realising that saloons are just easier for me and my huge family to live with!

Look on the up side I wont need to turn my back on this forum by going Jap!! I will post this in the B5 forum and a CTR forum to get a non bias opinion, but I just thought I would inform my 8L buddies first!

What do you think I should do?

S4........S4........S4.......S4........S4 woop woop get one bought!!!!!! MONSTER!!!!!!!!! CTR........NOT GOOD!!!! but thats my opinion obviously its your choice.

Dude, i think we all know the real answer to this, and its going to have to be the S4, without a doubt.

I know it might sound biased, but really, the S4 is a much classier car, with so much more to offer than the CTR...

If it was me, then it would have to be the S4 everyday!!

Audi S4 or CTR? is this a serious comparison?? Your are talking about 2 different type/class of car here, and by purchasing a new style CTR, your are going to lose money very quickly, but have a very new car on your drive. The S4 price will be offset by running costs in the long run, but in good old Blighty, the S4 is probably the most usable with the crap weather we are having. The New CTR is available with an LSD now also, if you buy a white one, which helps it corner quicker, but at a premium.

Defo my next car after the S3 me thinks.

Although i may well go the avant route by i do like the idea alot of the twin turbo 2.7

Its personal choice really mate as they are very different cars. How old are you? and do you have your own family?

Thing is i love S4's but a choice between that and a CTR - i would go for a CTR as i dont need practicality and they are quick. But like i say money is a big factor on what you are willing to get and S4 will be much better value.

Also personally if i was going to get a A4/6 i would go for the avant as imo much nicer looking. (also love the cabrio)

Its personal choice really mate as they are very different cars. How old are you? and do you have your own family?

Thing is i love S4's but a choice between that and a CTR - i would go for a CTR as i dont need practicality and they are quick. But like i say money is a big factor on what you are willing to get and S4 will be much better value.

Also personally if i was going to get a A4/6 i would go for the avant as imo much nicer looking. (also love the cabrio)

Im 21 and by big family I mean brothers and sisters (still at home with mummy) :whistle2:

Im 21 and by big family I mean brothers and sisters (still at home with mummy) :whistle2:

Jeez, When I was 22 and graduating from University, I had to decide between a 6yo Rover 214i and an 8yo Mk 2 Fiesta 1.3 Ghia!! (Went for the Fiasco in the end) :sob:

How times have changed, you lucky b**ger. Hope you enjoy whichever one you get...:busted_cop:

Cheers,

trouble with CTR's is the new styling will go against it in the future for resale IMO..... that and the fact that the new CTR has a crap write up against the old one, is slower..... and looks like a space ship.... S4 S4 S4 lol, already lost its money (or bulk of it) and will hold together longer with better comfort, pace....just not handle as well

If I simply HAD to make the choice between a B5 S4 and a CTR, I'd go with an EP3! I just don't like the new CTR, it lacks the excitement of the ep3, doesn't look so great, and has that outrageous torsion bar at the back (honda trying to be french?)

The B5 A4 shape is a modern classic in my opinion, it's one of the first cars that made estates cool, and the saloon version has lovely lines.

I'd go with the S4 any day. The cost of tunning the CTR's seems incredibly high, for a minimal return. I also think the build quality is noticably worse in the honda, although still better than most.

S4!

:s4addict:

Still think about them myself, a remap and your looking at 300+bhp:hubbahubba:

I've always fancyed a CTR mate, but having owned a turbo'd car for so long a CTR would just feel too sluggish for me i think! Im not far from you if you ever fancy a rip in mine :)

Out of the 2 there really is no comparrison 2 totally different cars! Your only young tho how the hell would you insure an S4 being in london?

If you really have to have a CTR the old shape does it for me, theres LOADS of tuning products available too!

Jason

s4 everyday. there was an article in the audi driver mag the other month. mint example, remap induction and full exhaust got him 350bhp!!!!

The one I drove had MRC stage 2+ Milltek giving it 330BHP if I go for one no doubt i will have to do this.

unless you turbo the CTR but then your still left with a Honda, hardly any luxuries (bad quality ones if any) and a car that will depreciate faster than the Audi and wont be as well built