Nurburgring lap in spares or repairs £300 Audi A4 1.8t

b2

Reaction score
Bought a scrap/spares or repairs Audi A4 1.8t to break for parts that had 10 months mot. Drove it around for a while and then dumped it at a mates yard waiting to be scrapped. My friends planned a last minute euro road trip, decided it was a too good opportunity to miss so quickly got the sleeper A4 ready.

Shout out to @Oranoco for the Milltek exhaust system, Samco hoses & useful advice about the car. :respekt:

Shout out to audi-sport.net forum, found loads of second hand goodies on your classified section. :wink new:

Some of the mods that were done:
* uprated snub mount
* changed two control arms that were knackered
* boge lowering springs
* milltek exhaust system
* samco hoses full kit with TIP
* 312mm brake conversion
* short shifter
* remapped AEB ecu pushing 1.5 bar
* standard service & wheel alignment

Other budget mods:
* cut square hole behind intercooler on the inside of the wheel arch trim for better flow
* ebay boost gauge mounted low and out of public view
* kept the stock divertor valve rather than a BOV, found it has better spool and less lag
* kept the stock airbox and panel filter rather than a crappy cone ones
* china spec steering wheel to give it that cheap race car feeling plus the standard one looked so crap
* universal ebay keyless entry kit, because opening the door from the passenger side with a key was a pain in the ***.

Heres my lap:

5.20 in :rock:

Credit to the Audi A4 it is a well built car comfortable to drive and held its own against many bad boy rides along the way and around the track, took all the abuse I threw at it and never let me down the whole trip. Drove it hard all the way there and around Europe, no problem the car loved it wanted more. Started, drove, and ran better than most of the more expensive cars :salute:

Milltek exhaust is amazing, unleashed alot more power and because it is resonated you cannot even hear it, just the type of system I like. Plus someone has sprayed the tips matt black to add to the sleeper effect.

In retrospect I should have bled the brakes and used new brake fluid, after a lap the brakes started feeling spongy although they worked fine possibly vapour lock. Biggest mistake though, should have changed the tyres that it came with and got 4 matching tyres rather than a mix and match of budget snow/road tyres different brand in every corner job, because its a scrapper I couldn't justify spending that money on new tyres that cost more than the whole car.

Loved driving around the ring was an experience of a lifetime, look forward to going at it again in more powerful cars, I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes to drive fast and enjoys their cars definitely one to add to your bucket list :yes:

zk4uad.jpg

25qelg7.jpg

2dgpehh.jpg

6s9oc4.jpg

t9f5lu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra and DieselJake
Nice, well handled on that corner! Would of caught a lot of people out no doubt.

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Took my TT over in early August. Did you go to Pinochio's for pizza?

Must have been a blast in the TT around there lovely, hood down or hood up around the track? Totally forgot about Pinochio's, we had a self catering apartment somewhere nearby headed there after and had a little session and made some food.

It was great fun, had the roof down and just enjoyed the experience, wasn't an attempt for a hot lap but was certainly not slow.

Hoping to be taking the A4 in May next yewr

1st lap I went semi-cautious, 2nd lap I gave it a bit more stick felt a little more confident as I clocked a few corners. By the 2nd lap the tyres were knackered they were slipping and sliding on most of the corners if I pushed it too hard, I didn't risk anymore laps otherwise I would have definitely have crashed. If my tyres were good I would have liked to done a few more laps, theres always next time i suppose.