RSQ3 Numpty RS Q3 question/s

Scaglioni

Reaction score
Hi,
I am in discussion with a dealer about a possible RS Q3. For reasons of geography I am unable to actually go anywhere to see one and the dealer does not actually have the car yet. Coming from an S3 8Y I have a couple of idiot questions, the answers for which I cannot find on line. Any suggestions much appreciated.

1) I believe the car does not have the storage pack. Would the anchorage points in the boot (Back of rear seats and inside the sill) still be present?
2) Are there any storage compartments no matter how small in the cockpit apart from the arm-rest and the glove box?
3) Could the under seat storage box be retro-fitted? (The S3 8V had one and it was very useful. The 8Y did not).
4) Any other thoughts on the car either way.

Many Thanks,

F

An authorised Audi dealer should be able answer all these questions competently.
I am afraid I cannot give you any info as my car is a standard SE. However maybe someone will be along to help you out with some answers.

Mike

My wife has one and loves it!

TX.
IMG 20220915 WA0011

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Frizzley and FBF01
Lol did you read the Op john that’s about as helpful as T*Ts on a Boar…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha I didn't know the answers tbf. Pics I can do though!

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Hi,
I am in discussion with a dealer about a possible RS Q3. For reasons of geography I am unable to actually go anywhere to see one and the dealer does not actually have the car yet. Coming from an S3 8Y I have a couple of idiot questions, the answers for which I cannot find on line. Any suggestions much appreciated.

1) I believe the car does not have the storage pack. Would the anchorage points in the boot (Back of rear seats and inside the sill) still be present?
2) Are there any storage compartments no matter how small in the cockpit apart from the arm-rest and the glove box?
3) Could the under seat storage box be retro-fitted? (The S3 8V had one and it was very useful. The 8Y did not).

Many Thanks,

F
1) Assuming the RSQ3 you are considering is the current model (known as an F3) then without the storage pack there are tie down points at the front of the boot floor sides and ISOFIX child seat mounts on the rear seats.
2) There is a drop down stowage cubby on the right lower fascia.
3) I believe the under-seat stowage compartments can be retro-fitted
4) The RSQ3 is a cracking car, unique in the Audi range - outrageous performance when fully bedded in (typically around 15,000 miles), and supremely easy to live with in practical terms. The dealer won't tell you but they love tyres, 10,000 miles to a set is considered good going, you have more choice over rubber if you have the Std version with 20" wheels. Fit EBC Redstuff pads to eliminate squeal and wearing out expensive brake discs prematurely, get an AVC so you have control over the exhaust valves and a trip to Paul @ PCW near Milton Keynes fixes the exhaust tone issue. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Q3 Boot floor.jpg
    Q3 Boot floor.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 72
@cosmicblue does the 8Y RS3 valve control fit the RSQ3 or is it model specific?

TX.

I believe it is model specific TX - it plugs into the wiring loom on the passenger/door sill cover.

Cete AVC

Reactions: Terminator x
1) Assuming the RSQ3 you are considering is the current model (known as an F3) then without the storage pack there are tie down points at the front of the boot floor sides and ISOFIX child seat mounts on the rear seats.
2) There is a drop down stowage cubby on the right lower fascia.
3) I believe the under-seat stowage compartments can be retro-fitted
4) The RSQ3 is a cracking car, unique in the Audi range - outrageous performance when fully bedded in (typically around 15,000 miles), and supremely easy to live with in practical terms. The dealer won't tell you but they love tyres, 10,000 miles to a set is considered good going, you have more choice over rubber if you have the Std version with 20" wheels. Fit EBC Redstuff pads to eliminate squeal and wearing out expensive brake discs prematurely, get an AVC so you have control over the exhaust valves and a trip to Paul @ PCW near Milton Keynes fixes the exhaust tone issue. Enjoy!
Hi,

Thanks so much for answering and for the very valuable advice. I have already book-marked a page for an AVC ( CETE Automotive ). Would you advise changing the brake pads almost from new?

Cheers,

F

You are most welcome, regarding the pads - yes, that's what I did at about the 320mile mark, I'm now a little over 30,000 and have actually just swapped the rear discs to Kinetix drilled items for purely aesthetic reasons and nothing else - the original discs were perfect. There is a forum dedicated to Q3 - Q3 Owners Club - with a lot of RSQ3 owners there too,

Reactions: alanyork
You are most welcome, regarding the pads - yes, that's what I did at about the 320mile mark, I'm now a little over 30,000 and have actually just swapped the rear discs to Kinetix drilled items for purely aesthetic reasons and nothing else - the original discs were perfect. There is a forum dedicated to Q3 - Q3 Owners Club - with a lot of RSQ3 owners there too,
Hi,
Thanks for the update. Do you feel that swapping out the pads impacted upon the warranty?
Cheers,
F

Hi,

Many Thanks,

F
I had a A3 2016 with storage pack, and went to a Q5 without.....when i got home and started to trying to find space to put the little bits I'd stored in the nets/under seat storage, rear boot storage cubbies etc, and I struggled! It's such a relatively small optional fee I don't know why original purchasers don't order it. A bit like the £90 hold assist I was missing on my 2016 A3 which has £10k+ of other optionals, really bugged me not having that having had it on my 2014 A3.

I know mine is a Q5 so may be slightly different in a newer Q3, but anyway.....I still have achor points in the boot for a boot net, no storage nets in the front footwells, just glove box, storage in the arm rest and a little space below the climate controls. I looked into retrofitting the under seat box but gave up.

I had a A3 2016 with storage pack, and went to a Q5 without.....when i got home and started to trying to find space to put the little bits I'd stored in the nets/under seat storage, rear boot storage cubbies etc, and I struggled! It's such a relatively small optional fee I don't know why original purchasers don't order it. A bit like the £90 hold assist I was missing on my 2016 A3 which has £10k+ of other optionals, really bugged me not having that having had it on my 2014 A3.

I know mine is a Q5 so may be slightly different in a newer Q3, but anyway.....I still have achor points in the boot for a boot net, no storage nets in the front footwells, just glove box, storage in the arm rest and a little space below the climate controls. I looked into retrofitting the under seat box but gave up.
I had the storage pack on both the S3s - although the current 8Y model one does not have the under-seat box which is a real PITA. I agree - why would you not have it.

I had the storage pack on both the S3s - although the current 8Y model one does not have the under-seat box which is a real PITA. I agree - why would you not have it.
Let me know if you buy the q3 and get anywhere with retrofitting. You've re-ignited my interest in doing it! Have looked on aliexpress, seem to be options but hard to know what is likely to work

Hi,
Thanks for the update. Do you feel that swapping out the pads impacted upon the warranty?
Cheers,
F
Absolutely not. In fact my RS had an engine failure last year which resulted in a complete replacement after two failed repair attempts - under warranty.