Numerous issues with new A3

Glad that you got a good outcome. Will you particularly miss any of the lost options? (I’m interested to know whether or not you consider them worth the money?)
Well I’ve used the Matrix lights once in 5 months (although we have been in lockdown). The ambient lighting I set it to the colours 5 months ago and not changed once, although they do look nice.

Storage pack no, flat bottom steering wheel - maybe.

What about the technician who took your car all over town?
The dealer who has agreed to swap my car is different group to the guy who drove my car, but speak to that dealer this morning and they are interviewing him today and have already started the investigation. He said he will call me on Wednesday with the outcome but obviously can’t tell me if he would be sacked cos of it as it’s a HR matter (fair enough). I just want to know why he did it and how he thought he’d get away with it.

Reactions: pburv, AdamInKent and Jcbmally
Update: Dealer agreed to swap my car for a new one.

Only differences are:

New one I gain comfort and sound pack

So I lose: storage pack, ambient light pack and matrix LED headlights

same terms on my old PCP and no extra money required. Just a simple swap of keys and I presume signing new paperwork.

Personally I would have wanted a like for like swap.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Personally I would have wanted a like for like swap.
They don't do my car like for like now due to it being the launch model so its not really an option. He did say if I go to Audi to reject he is not sure they would agree to a rejection.

They don't do my car like for like now due to it being the launch model so its not really an option. He did say if I go to Audi to reject he is not sure they would agree to a rejection.
That sounds a bit BS, why offer you a swap !!! "not sure they would agree" means "please don't get Audi involved". Just because you cant "spec" a launch edition is not your problem, you get a like for like car or as near as possible. BUT at the end of the day it's your call buddy, as long as your happy.

Reactions: pburv

Mercedes dealer told me the same when I wanted to reject my trouble ridden A35 AMG. Not only did Mercedes UK reject the car they give me financial compensation as well.

So worth a try, doesn't sound like you have much to lose.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Good luck with new car hopefully you got anything but a 1.5 tsi

That sounds a bit BS, why offer you a swap !!! "not sure they would agree" means "please don't get Audi involved". Just because you cant "spec" a launch edition is not your problem, you get a like for like car or as near as possible. BUT at the end of the day it's your call buddy, as long as your happy.
They have offered me the Edition 1 - so basically has all the stuff mine has plus a few extras for the same price.

Mercedes dealer told me the same when I wanted to reject my trouble ridden A35 AMG. Not only did Mercedes UK reject the car they give me financial compensation as well.

So worth a try, doesn't sound like you have much to lose.
Time, last rejection took months, was very stressful. I have a baby on the way and need to concentrate on that really

Good luck with new car hopefully you got anything but a 1.5 tsi
It is a 1.5, he basically said if I do have the problems I can then look to reject then

Update: Dealer agreed to swap my car for a new one.

Only differences are:

New one I gain comfort and sound pack

So I lose: storage pack, ambient light pack and matrix LED headlights

same terms on my old PCP and no extra money required. Just a simple swap of keys and I presume signing new paperwork.

Can you tell me what the difference is between the standard interior lighting and the extended ambient lighting?

Hi,
I have had some of your issues as well :-

The speed limiter/cruise control only works randomly, same message on dash as yours.

Remote locking and connect key, via myAudi app has never worked! It’s going in to the dealership next week to be looked at.

The myAudi app only connects about 50% of the time?! Never on a Friday?

The MMI keeps reloading my user profile mid drive, so I loose my music and satellite navigation, for about 2mins each time.

This is my first Audi and I expected a better quality and experience than this. Drives nice though:icon thumright:

My MMI keeps resetting my user profile and re initialising too, at least once mid drive. I lose all settings and sat nav.

Can you tell me what the difference is between the standard interior lighting and the extended ambient lighting?
The extended means you can change the colour of the lighting and it goes across the front of the dash.

For those who are interested, the dealer offered me the cost of a service plan or the equivalent in cash (£530). The tech who took the car out resigned before they could investigate.

Reactions: VeeDubDan, TDI-line, pburv and 2 others
The extended means you can change the colour of the lighting and it goes across the front of the dash.

For those who are interested, the dealer offered me the cost of a service plan or the equivalent in cash (£530). The tech who took the car out resigned before they could investigate.

thanks that’s appreciated