1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Numerous issues with new A3

wizzywig27 Nov 19, 2020

1. wizzywig27

wizzywig27 Registered User

Well I’ve used the Matrix lights once in 5 months (although we have been in lockdown). The ambient lighting I set it to the colours 5 months ago and not changed once, although they do look nice.

Storage pack no, flat bottom steering wheel - maybe.

The dealer who has agreed to swap my car is different group to the guy who drove my car, but speak to that dealer this morning and they are interviewing him today and have already started the investigation. He said he will call me on Wednesday with the outcome but obviously can’t tell me if he would be sacked cos of it as it’s a HR matter (fair enough). I just want to know why he did it and how he thought he’d get away with it.

pburv, AdamInKent and Jcbmally like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Chris4410

Chris4410 Registered User

Personally I would have wanted a like for like swap.

jassyo06 and Jcbmally like this.
  4. wizzywig27

They don't do my car like for like now due to it being the launch model so its not really an option. He did say if I go to Audi to reject he is not sure they would agree to a rejection.

5. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left.

That sounds a bit BS, why offer you a swap !!! "not sure they would agree" means "please don't get Audi involved". Just because you cant "spec" a launch edition is not your problem, you get a like for like car or as near as possible. BUT at the end of the day it's your call buddy, as long as your happy.

pburv likes this.
  6. Chris4410

Chris4410 Registered User

Mercedes dealer told me the same when I wanted to reject my trouble ridden A35 AMG. Not only did Mercedes UK reject the car they give me financial compensation as well.

So worth a try, doesn't sound like you have much to lose.

Jcbmally likes this.
  7. Bigjase88

Bigjase88 Registered User

Good luck with new car hopefully you got anything but a 1.5 tsi

Jcbmally likes this.
  8. wizzywig27

They have offered me the Edition 1 - so basically has all the stuff mine has plus a few extras for the same price.

Time, last rejection took months, was very stressful. I have a baby on the way and need to concentrate on that really

It is a 1.5, he basically said if I do have the problems I can then look to reject then

Jcbmally likes this.
  9. Brian Leslie

Brian Leslie New Member

Can you tell me what the difference is between the standard interior lighting and the extended ambient lighting?

10. Mryolon

Mryolon New Member

My MMI keeps resetting my user profile and re initialising too, at least once mid drive. I lose all settings and sat nav.

11. wizzywig27

The extended means you can change the colour of the lighting and it goes across the front of the dash.

For those who are interested, the dealer offered me the cost of a service plan or the equivalent in cash (£530). The tech who took the car out resigned before they could investigate.

VeeDubDan, TDI-line, pburv and 2 others like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Brian Leslie

Brian Leslie New Member

thanks that’s appreciated