Number Plates.

MikeParkin

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Hello All,

Ok so I’ll start of with that I have full permission to do this from the site Administrators

I’ve started up a number plate business (RNPS registered) and was looking to see what the interest would be on here with a sort of group buy type of thing etc to test the water. If it works out well and there is high interest I will become part of the forum as a site sponsor.

I’m mainly focused on the 3D and 4D plates, there made with high quality gel and acrylic products that have been tested by my myself many many others.

There my be other products that I have In mind in the future that is based around plates etc.

These prices are all based on a full set of plates (Front and Rear) with my details on for legislation purposes (Apex Plates, post code and British standards number). They will come with 10 number plate sticky pads and free delivery.

The register of number plate suppliers (RNPS) regulates the supply of number plates in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. I the supplier will need to see original documents to prove your name and address and original documents to show you are entitled to use the registration number.

This can be done by posting your documents to me where I can see them and take the necessary information for my records. They will be returned with your new numbers

Alternatively if you are local to me or near I would have no problem with you coming to me, seeing the documents for my records and make your plates there and then.

Identity documents

You can use the following to confirm your name and address:

• driving licence, with or without a photo (doesn’t have to be issued in the UK)

• utility bill, Council Tax or rates bill in Northern Ireland (from the last 6 months)

• bank or building society statement (from the last 6 months)

• national identity card (issued by the government of a state or territory other than the United Kingdom).

The following will confirm your name only:

• passport (does not have to be issued in the UK)

• bank or building society debit or credit card

• police warrant card

• armed forces identity card.

Proving you can use the registration number

You must bring one of the following to show you’re allowed to display the registration number:

• vehicle registration certificate (V5C)

• new keeper slip (green slip)

• a certificate of entitlement (V750) to the number

• a retention document (V778)

• a renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11)

• a temporary registration certificate (V379)

• a number plate authorisation certificate (V948)

with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)

• an electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948) or an electronic trailer number plate authorisation certificate (eV948/2)

• a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the V5C

• record of insurer’s name, reference and policy numbers (for repairs approved by an insurance company)

• a PDF of the vehicle details from the view vehicle record service (if your fleet is part of the V5C on demand scheme)

• UK trailer registration certificate (VTRC).

I’ll be starting with 15 sets of plates first of all and hopefully there will be more to come.

Prices are for a set of plates (Front and Rear Road legal).

3D Gel £39.99

4D 3mm £49.99

4D 5mm £54.99

4D 3mm with 3D Gel on top £64.99

All come with 10 number plate sticker pads and free postage.

Your support and business would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Mike.

Last edited:
So I'll start with replies, as I am currently on a market for a set.

1. Any forum discounts? As you said, there are many other suppliers with competitive prices on same quality products.

2. Do you do any short plates in all advertised spec? If so, will they all comply with all legal spacing and BSAU marking requirement?

3. Have you got any photos of them?

As for point 2. I recently had a set of short 4D with gel top plates sent over to me. They were advertised as "legal" on the website and only tinted ones were said as show plates.
They haven't however had any BSAU markings on them so will send them back. Already in a process of it with PayPal.
Plates are really nice, to my liking as for length and 4D gel top really makes it stand out but cannot use them on the car.

As for point 1, seller of above plates had them cheaper by about 23% as regular price and offered 10% discount on my order.

Let us know ...

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: MikeParkin
Hi mate.

1. At the moment Im just just kicking the business off, but I am offering free postage, 10 number plate sticker pads or screws and caps.

2. Yes I will be making legal short plates and they will comply to BSAU standard.

As for your last point that’s probably why you got them cheaper and 10% discount.

My prices are firm at the moment because they are a very good product.

Pictures will be added hopefully this week.

Cheers
Mike.

Reactions: KrisKrk
Hi mate.

1. At the moment Im just just kicking the business off, but I am offering free postage, 10 number plate sticker pads or screws and caps.

2. Yes I will be making legal short plates and they will comply to BSAU standard.

As for your last point that’s probably why you got them cheaper and 10% discount.

My prices are firm at the moment because they are a very good product.

Pictures will be added hopefully this week.

Cheers
Mike.
Would love to see them pictures, Mike.
Guy where I get them plates from said that, only standard size comes with legal markings, not the short ones.
If your short plates will, would be interested in a set.
Fixing extras and free postage is always appreciated but I personally will not need them. Awaiting currently a delivery of pushlocks and new plates will be installed on them at the front. Have also double sided tape for the rear

Sent from H P20 PRO

My nephew is pushlocks and was going to add this on here if this picked up. I’ll update as soon as things are sorted here.

In there mean time spread the word.

Cheers.

Would love to see them pictures, Mike.
Guy where I get them plates from said that, only standard size comes with legal markings, not the short ones.
If your short plates will, would be interested in a set.
Fixing extras and free postage is always appreciated but I personally will not need them. Awaiting currently a delivery of pushlocks and new plates will be installed on them at the front. Have also double sided tape for the rear

Sent from H P20 PRO
pro plates do shortened ones with or without the relevant markings

pro plates do shortened ones with or without the relevant markings
They don't reply to my several messages so I ignore people that ignore me.

Also, ProPlates did a tinted plates for me. Not only been told they are legal under certain tint degree, I have a mate who had their standard tinted plates from them and they were a tad too light for my liking. Spoken to them and asked about standard % of tint they do and they said 30. So I asked them for a 35% tint thinking, cannot be much darker than a standard, it should be what I want and still ok on a road.
How wrong I was.
Managed to drive around for about 3 months and even pass by traffic enforcement with no issue. Only one time I was travelling with my family and armed patrol from Heathrow in a X5 stopped me after a chase down the road.
Slapped on a wrist been on added on to their data base so I can get pulled over again, if plates were not changed.
Swapped them to old ones same night.

Ok, I knew they were much darker but decided to risk it, knowing also they had all BSAU legal markings.
Didn't help
IMG 20190807 233759
IMG 20190916 212630
IMG 20190814 191610

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: JM13
Can we keep this relevant and on topic to the initial post please.

Reactions: KenL
My reply is ... "errm"...

There's no clear unique selling point to the product, it is a crowded market. If selling on the basis of quality, there needs to be something to back that up. WHY are yours better quality? Why should anyone buy from you rather than anyone else in a crowded market.

If I were investing cash, it'd certainly be a market i'd avoid and the post gives me no reason to buy from you even though I am in the market for new plates. I'm your customer, and I have no compelling reason to buy from you. Sorry to sound harsh.

Reactions: Marky79
I have 4D did it myself just ordered boards and letters/numbers both cost me £30 if I asked them to do it it would be £40
Now they added coloured which looks nice .. Blue match with my car would be nice ..

Attachments

• 111052193_777467993061454_782639768358879625_o.jpg
    111052193_777467993061454_782639768358879625_o.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 366
They don't reply to my several messages so I ignore people that ignore me.

Also, ProPlates did a tinted plates for me. Not only been told they are legal under certain tint degree, I have a mate who had their standard tinted plates from them and they were a tad too light for my liking. Spoken to them and asked about standard % of tint they do and they said 30. So I asked them for a 35% tint thinking, cannot be much darker than a standard, it should be what I want and still ok on a road.
How wrong I was.
Managed to drive around for about 3 months and even pass by traffic enforcement with no issue. Only one time I was travelling with my family and armed patrol from Heathrow in a X5 stopped me after a chase down the road.
Slapped on a wrist been on added on to their data base so I can get pulled over again, if plates were not changed.
Swapped them to old ones same night.

Ok, I knew they were much darker but decided to risk it, knowing also they had all BSAU legal markings.
Didn't helpView attachment 207284View attachment 207285View attachment 207286

Sent from H P20 PRO
ufff u scratched alloys :grimacing:

Reactions: KrisKrk
My reply is ... "errm"...

There's no clear unique selling point to the product, it is a crowded market. If selling on the basis of quality, there needs to be something to back that up. WHY are yours better quality? Why should anyone buy from you rather than anyone else in a crowded market.

If I were investing cash, it'd certainly be a market i'd avoid and the post gives me no reason to buy from you even though I am in the market for new plates. I'm your customer, and I have no compelling reason to buy from you. Sorry to sound harsh.

I’m sorry you feel that way, I was really trying to focus on forum members.

By using the best available materials, producing the latest and greatest styled number plates at very reasonable prices.

I have 4D did it myself just ordered boards and letters/numbers both cost me £30 if I asked them to do it it would be £40
Now they added coloured which looks nice .. Blue match with my car would be nice ..

Yes and you have technically made an illegal number plate.

Reactions: KenL
Sorry Mike, but I agree with Wuta. It’s a crowded market, you don’t have any unique selling point and your prices are meh. If you’re really looking to break in then money talks. You’re going to have to undercut everyone else before people start taking note of you. Coming on the forum hoping members will take pity on you and support you isn’t the correct attitude to start a business. Get out there, find what makes you unique, stick to it and provide great customer service and it will snowball from there.

I’m not looking for anyone to take pity on me, thought it may have been a good idea on the forum and thought forum members would have been more supportive.

Reactions: FBF01 and Dubjam
I’m not looking for anyone to take pity on me, thought it may have been a good idea on the forum and thought forum members would have been more supportive.
All good Mike but as above being said, hard to just take your word for it.
Show us what you got and the decisions will be made.

Apologies for my posts with bad experience from your competitors but I put in so you could prove me that, your plates will be up to what I am after, at the very least.

Sent from H P20 PRO

Can you do with blue colour ? 4d? but normal glossy not disgusting carbooon fiiiber...
everyone so hyped and dying about it not even nice

If anyone is genuinely interest please inbox me to discuss.

Thanks.

Someone will always try to put you down dude, its best just to rise above.

Take some decent photos, put a set on your car and get the visuals out, will help the new venture for sure.

Good luck Mike. Something worth considering is a mechanism to electronically submit valid proof of ownership, that is what I have done when I had plates done about a year back. And they then checked and approved...no idea how, but assume part of it is to only ship to registered address etc

Reactions: Ron240 and MikeParkin
Good luck Mike. Something worth considering is a mechanism to electronically submit valid proof of ownership, that is what I have done when I had plates done about a year back. And they then checked and approved...no idea how, but assume part of it is to only ship to registered address etc

Thank you very much, I have considered it.

I was speaking to the DVLA regarding this type of thing as that’s the direction everything is going now. I think is will be the next move for regulations to change.

Unfortunately regulations state that the original documents must be seen for you to the make the number plates. Obviously this is extremely difficult for internet based companies.

This is one of the reasons why I offer free postage to accommodate for the postage of the documents to me.

Various companies are accepting “digital” documents but this is not what the regulations state.

I am no jobsworth but just trying to do things right.

There are a lot of companies doing this but I was informed by DVLA they do not advertise that companies are prosecuted/Fined and took off the register enough but it dose and is happening.

To be honest if there’s records to support that you have seen the correct documents, plates are made legal then I can’t see there been a major issue.

Reactions: NevMan
Sorry Mike, it was for number plate Mike not you :hi:

The only reason I posted extensively one the specific groups was that I’ve been on this forum for 5 years and never once looked at the general chat section.

Apologies if I have upset people trying to get things out there.

Thanks.

Reactions: RAF_S7
I'm amazed at the grief you are getting. Good luck with it.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KenL, pburv and MikeParkin
I'm amazed at the grief you are getting. Good luck with it.

TX.

Rhino skin mate.

I’m just trying to provide a service and would like the support.

Once I’ve sorted my pics etc I will revise my initial prices.

Rhino skin mate.

I’m just trying to provide a service and would like the support.

Once I’ve sorted my pics etc I will revise my initial prices.

I tend to change cars every few years and have a couple of private reg's so often need plates made up. Will give you a buzz next time I need some made up.

TX.

Apex Plates has an introductory price now so I have now revised the prices on here.

Apex plates are also on Instagram and has a Facebook page.

3D Gel £34.99

4D 3mm £49.99

4D 5mm £54.99

4D 3mm with 3D Gel on top ££59.99

If anyone is interested please DM me for any details etc.

Thanks.

Apex Plates has an introductory price now so I have now revised the prices on here.

Apex plates are also on Instagram and has a Facebook page.

3D Gel £34.99

4D 3mm £49.99

4D 5mm £54.99

4D 3mm with 3D Gel on top ££59.99

If anyone is interested please DM me for any details etc.

Thanks.
DM sent, Mike

Sent from H P20 PRO

You have still not put any pics of these plates on here.
You are advertising goods on this forum but you have not shown us your full line up.
Not everyone is on insta or facebook.

Any chance you can upload your full line up here so we can all have a look to see what you offer?

Yeah I know sorry, I’ve been having some issues uploading pictures up and waiting for my Mac Pro to turn up so I can use that with a better result.

These are plates that I supply.
4D 5mm Acrylic Plate
4D 3mm with 3D Gel on top Plate.
4D 3mm Acrylic Plate.
3D Gel Plate.
622B3B21 27E5 4AAC 87BB 2FA0D7C5198E
04FC1FC8 F79D 4186 ACE3 9EE05F6DB648
1F216823 9AF2 4920 A07D AD39D7744427
643F490A BF45 41D0 942F 96048845B270
2401A630 768E 4EEE AA03 287909BDD696
317F8CCC DC45 43B1 A634 3B4060794D6F

Attachments

• 4BDA7396-409F-452A-8840-70EBC67CA3F1.png
    4BDA7396-409F-452A-8840-70EBC67CA3F1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 276
  • D52DE5DB-90AE-44A1-864A-F088A4C8B900.png
    D52DE5DB-90AE-44A1-864A-F088A4C8B900.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 288
  • F29297E2-081E-4612-AC07-5EFCD5580A24.png
    F29297E2-081E-4612-AC07-5EFCD5580A24.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 264
Reactions: pburv
+1 on that @MikeParkin . Good luck with getting your business up and running.:thumbs up:

Thanks very much, just share it to who you can it would be much appreciated.

Be even better if it could be a skicky thread hahaha.

Reactions: pburv
Thanks very much, just share it to who you can it would be much appreciated.

Be even better if it could be a skicky thread hahaha.
Here's hoping.... @Sandra Nudge nudge wink wink lol:whistle2:

Reactions: Sandra and MikeParkin