Number plate lights

Jimmy TDI

Pro Tinkerer
Reaction score
One of my led number plate bulbs has gone so I'm looking for replacements and I have comeacross THESE.
Has anyone used them, if so are they any good?

Pics of them on at night would be of great help if you do have them fitted.

I just use led bulbs mate and I have a few if you require any!

One of my led number plate bulbs has gone so I'm looking for replacements and I have comeacross THESE.
Has anyone used them, if so are they any good?

Too bright mate. Far too bright. Ive saw cars with these installed, and in the dark you could perform surgery at the back of your car. They light the road up behind you. Not a good look IMO. You wanna be contacting forum member Trups, or do what I did and just shell out for the OEM units.

I agree, they look daft if they're too bright. Mine came from Trups too, a nice white colour but not too bright.

I have these, I think they're great. Give a nice clean modern look. They are bright but I don't think they're overly bright and look great at night:

20131102_134125_zps4a33e31d.jpg

20131102_134034_zps0dd385b7.jpg

20131102_140650_zps2ddbfeb6.jpg

20140111_161049_zps1ofnzbox.jpg

Too bright mate. Far too bright. Ive saw cars with these installed, and in the dark you could perform surgery at the back of your car. They light the road up behind you. Not a good look IMO. You wanna be contacting forum member Trups, or do what I did and just shell out for the OEM units.

How much are the genuine units, and do you have part numbers please?

I have these, I think they're great. Give a nice clean modern look. They are bright but I don't think they're overly bright and look great at night:

20131102_134125_zps4a33e31d.jpg

20131102_134034_zps0dd385b7.jpg

20131102_140650_zps2ddbfeb6.jpg

20140111_161049_zps1ofnzbox.jpg

Are those the ones I linked too, they look ok

Yeah I remember seeing something about them being made of cheese, I'm sure mine were like new when I fitted the bulbs last time, but I'll get my dad to bring me some home from work in a few different lengths if no one can confirm it.

Yeah I remember seeing something about them being made of cheese, I'm sure mine were like new when I fitted the bulbs last time, but I'll get my dad to bring me some home from work in a few different lengths if no one can confirm it.

Yeah. I can't remember what size i ordered but they were too long. Nothing a hacksaw couldn't fix though :)

Cheers Trev.

If they're only £30 I'll get the genuine ones, I will check that thread out shortly.