number plate lights

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hi all ive got a number plate light gone and need to replace the bulb but ive noticed the screws are on both of them are rounded and rusty as hell and i can undo them is there any way of getting them of without drilling the screws out like say can i get at them through the boot lid or something as i dont really want to start drilling my car lol any thoughts anybody :sos:

If they're that bad then drilling them out (carefully ) will not damage the car.

Don't think going in through the boot lid will help

Good luck

the replacement bulb holder comes complete with new plastic defuser/ bulb holder and festoon bulb and new screws. ive replaced them before on my other car (vw passat) water gets inside ans rust away
i drill a hole in the middle of the plastic defuser and brake small bits away with long nose pliers untill i can put my pliers around the screw head,( give it a good squirt of WD-40 spray first and it should come out ok then a simle job to put new bulb unit in.
ps as i remember on my passat the new water seal gasket for new holder is a separate part - you'll need this to stop the water getting in.

regards

philip

thanks for thehelp guys will try and have a go , how much are they to buy from audi just out of curiosity just incase i do have to buy a new one or two lol

think £6-7 each
come with everything except bulb including screw
cool thats nice and cheap i was expecting something like £15 each so that price is a nice one cheers mate i will sort it out when i can be bothered lol

Cheers for the part numbers Scott.

Been needing to replace mine for ages and never got round to it :)

You jut made it a damn site easier !!