Number plate lights not working

TwistedMind

Long Live The A6
Reaction score
Hi all, new problem

My number plate lights have stopped working. Lamps are ok and there is no voltage at the terminals.

Do the wires connect back to the rear lights, or are the on a seperate circuit ?

Help, before i get pulled !!

I would start looking at the wiring when the boot shuts, normally breaks there, open close open close and so on.....
Also check the earth is good.

Reactions: TwistedMind
Webmaster, thanks for the time. Saved me alot of greef.

I jiggled the cables from the boot lid to the car, and yes number plates were like a disco !!

How do i repair ? Do i split the rubber and resolder ? Then just use tape to reseal ?

Just worrid about water ingress.

Cheers

Mind

release rubber boot and peel back, solder, heatshrink and done. Can be tricky if the rubber boot wont peel back, get a helper.
Good luck!

I had similar problem but it was the tube supplying the rear washer that cracked in this joint, caused water to trickle in both directions causing very annoying water stain around rear boot light and soaking inside of boot trim. Easy to repair but bit fiddilly, especially working out which bits of trim pull off, in which order and where the hidden screws are.

Split the rubber open, 2 broken wires and the rest broken down to bare copper. Re soldered and fixed.

Thanks for all the help. Be lost without this forum !!!

Mind.