Number plate light?

It is just a standard festoon bulb - Halfords will sell them. However, I bet the lens has broken where the screw fits in. That is usually the cause of the numberplate light out indicator. The lens drops and the bulb no longer makes contact.

I've had 4 of these go now, and it's starting to hack me off! The number of B6/7 cabrios I see with a number plate light not working seems to support my theory that the design is a bit weak, to say the least!

yeah, the lens on my B7 cab is cracked... but light still works at the moment... got a price from Audi £28 for the lens

It is just a standard festoon bulb - Halfords will sell them. However, I bet the lens has broken where the screw fits in. That is usually the cause of the numberplate light out indicator. The lens drops and the bulb no longer makes contact.

I've had 4 of these go now, and it's starting to hack me off! The number of B6/7 cabrios I see with a number plate light not working seems to support my theory that the design is a bit weak, to say the least!

I've been having these errors until I changed the lenses (thanks pjmspeedy!) so thanks for that, I wonder what caused them when the bulbs were fine.

However, I can't get the lenses to fit flush, the bit where the screw fits in is slightly proud and the screws are so soft the screwdriver annihilates them. Hopefully won't get the errors anymore though.