Number plate light

mattss3

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently my number plate lights stopped working, so I changed bulbs etc and still didn't work. I sourced some new bulb holders and another new set of bulbs for them, yet the lights still do not come on.

Any ideas of why? Any help appreciated :)

Matt

Might be noob answer, but maybe there's a fuse for this?

I have just replaced mine with bright white led lights with resistors for the CANBUS error built in. If they are the same you may need to turn the bulbs 180 degrees and may then work.

On this subject, one of my lights has popped out slightly as I have been unable to screw the screw all the way back in due to the number plate being in the way (dont want to remove) and screwing slightly on an angle. Unfortunately the screws aren't biting now so need replace them. Does anyone know where you can buy the two plastic light units WITH the screws or just the screws on their own?

cheers

:salute:

Hi,

Recently my number plate lights stopped working, so I changed bulbs etc and still didn't work. I sourced some new bulb holders and another new set of bulbs for them, yet the lights still do not come on.

Any ideas of why? Any help appreciated :)

Matt

I got some next to new ones from a VAG breakers, cost me £1.50 for both as I told the bloke that's all I had :)

Did you ever get this sorted? I've got the same problem with my S3. Error came up on the dash and neither number plate light works now. I've checked and both bulbs look fine, no corrosion that I can see and the wire looks intact when I take off the cover from the boot. Anyone got any suggestions on where to look/what to do next?