Number plate light holders.

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
I replaced mine in October 2010 when I put LED bulbs in. I washed the car today, and after a drive I noticed a white watery mark on the bumper, on closer inspection it was the ferrous marks from the aluminium holder. I need to take it out and check, I'm worried it's going to look like the last one.....

(at least I used hex head screws!)

NumberplateLEDs003.jpg

you need to buy acf50, it stops all sorts of corrosion nastiness, i have used it to great effect on motorbike parts, it was designed for the aircraft industry, it's brilliant stuff

oh and it's not like wd40, it ain't cheap and a little goes a long way, it also smells lovely and when i have had it burning off my bike exhaust smells even better

Stripped it down in there today, I guess if the last one was 7 years old then this is about parr for for the course at two and a half years old. I've tidied it up for now, but will put some of that ACF50 on it later in the week when it comes. It seems to be just the aluminium of the light surround going ferrous, not very good though and will I'm sure rot the tailgate eventually.

IMG-20130408-00053_zps438c1569.jpg

IMG-20130408-00052_zps5f60cc6e.jpg