number plate light bulbs housing problems

zyn-a3

Reaction score
Just want to find out if anyone has replaced the housing of the number plate light bulbs inside the boot lid, both of mine are not working at all, audi quoted me £79 for the part, can i get it cheaper anywhere else? how hard is it to fit?

I had a look inside the boot lid but it seems like there is a lot of stuff you have to remove just to get to it, so any guide on how to do this would be helpful.

Just want to find out if anyone has replaced the housing of the number plate light bulbs inside the boot lid, both of mine are not working at all, audi quoted me £79 for the part, can i get it cheaper anywhere else? how hard is it to fit?

I had a look inside the boot lid but it seems like there is a lot of stuff you have to remove just to get to it, so any guide on how to do this would be helpful.
Might be worth having a look in the Search function on the site as it could have been done before in an older thread

Might be worth having a look in the Search function on the site as it could have been done before in an older thread
thank you for your detailed input.

Ther's not anything complicated in the housing to go wrong, just a 4wire loom going in there. Try adjusting the brassy colour contact springs so they make contact with the contacts in the housing and clean all the contacts. Test the housing contacts for 12volts as well before you buy a new housing.

thank you for your detailed input.
Well, you're not going to see much help with a sarcastic attitude like that are you? Search function is a good resource to try as chances are, people have already had a similar issue and possibly found a solution.

I replaced this when I had my old A4, but the reason the part is so expensive is because the wiring loom is moulded into the plastic, but it can corrode over time and fail. Unless you can find it used on ebay, you're stuck with Audi prices.