number plate light bulb holders

Can anyone recommend a decent led number plate bulb supplier I've gone through 6 bulbs in 4 weeks. Must be cheap Chinese ones . Thanks in advance

6 bulbs in 4 weeks? That sounds like remarkably bad luck, are you sure it is the bulbs? Sounds like you might have other issues, dodgy contact somewhere? Are the bulbs definitely fried? Can you try them in another location to test?

I would recommend we sell hids on ebay mine been in over a year no problems or use t8ups on here

Just manage to do mine by breaking the lens around the screw and then using pliers on the screw. Thanks for the recommendation on the allen screws guys, hopefully won't see this issue again.

Glad you had a result, there a nightmare the plastic so difficult to break ,yes the hex screws are a must you will never have this problem again ☺

Reactions: F3Z
After reading this thread I came very prepared with all the tools before i started the job. Drilled the hell out of the lens around the screw then at an angle underneath it. Not the tidiest of methods but got the job done after a bit of "gentle" persuasion. Then replaced with a decent set of leds as recommended further up. Very happy.

Reactions: DrStrange and mikeb7
Hi all. Can anyone tell me if the plinth is the same on the cab and saloon and avant? The cab one seems to be metal and a fortune!

Fitted mine yesterday, my screws luckily wasn't locked up, i removed the light units, cleaned the lens's and refitted them but the contact ddin't work at first so i had to have a good play about until they worked.
LED Lights by Ste Topping, on Flickr

Followed directions of Leaky Lloyd. Took longer than 10 mins and will have to replace the lens & put in hex nut screw in case I or next owner has to replace it again.

thanks for all the advice, with lots of care and L shaped screwdrivers I managed to remove one of the 'soft' screws without rounding off. :) the other rounded :-(

However on the 'succesful' side when I levered the lens of, the inside crumbled, all rotten.

Looks like a new complete moulding for me.

Interesting right up. My MOT is due soon and looks like im going to need to replace this as my lights are blown and cant get the lenses out!

8E0827574 thats the new part number, anyone know the price these days?

I tried again with a dremel, cut out the wrotten lenses and cleaned up. Bought 2 LEDs and fixed them with hex screws (10mm).

assembled with vaseline and all works brilliantly.