Number Plate LED Lights

andyam

Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently brought a 56 Plate Audi A3 1.9 TDI.
Ive purchased some LED Festoon Bulbs for my Number Plate, as I came to install them, i put the right one in and then tested it worked fine..put the left one in...it then turns on...and then after 5 seconds it goes off.
If I put the original in on the left and keep the right one in its fine both work....soo im a bit stumped?
Any Ideas guys? O the led is like sort of indented in a bit, but the connections still are touching etc.

Much Help Appreciated! :)

Thanks!! :)

does you car have in the dashboard a yellow bulb sign?if yes you may need resistors

no my car doesnt...and sorry guys...ive read a few posts most are about the error light not read anything like this hence why i started a new thread but will read into it again...sorry again

ok no probs dude , it sounds like a dodgy led to me where did you get them from ebay , halfords if you can take them back do so and ask if you could try a different set to see if its a bulb and not something with the car

well im waiting for a replacment LED....sooo i have to see...and I have been reading alot about LED bulbs but most of them are about the error lights so im pretty much very stumped TBH...just wanted to know if anyone has actually come across this problem?

The computer turns off the power to the bulb if it thinks it has blown. Due to the lower current consumption of led's the computer thinks the bulb has gone open circuit and hence it turns off after 5 seconds.

Both sides of the car are independantly monitored therefore it is possible fior one to work and the other not.

As I said before this as been covered dozens of times. There will be nothing wrong with the bulb and the next one is likely to be the same.

The so called 'no canbus error' led's are not all the same, some work and some don't. Just about everyone has the problem.

Once again please check all threads !