Number Plate L.E.D's

Martin69

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying some rear number plate l.e.d's and was wondering if anyone has done this mod??

is there any issues with bulb errors or anything like that??

Thanks in advance:icon_thumright:

Martin

Just did it last weekend.

http://www.fueltopia.co.uk/profiles/blogs/changed-the-led-bulbs-d

ledbulb2.jpg

These are my special bulbs that i got which don't throw up bulb errors in my ECU they were a little pricey but worth it for piece of mind :)

Things you need:
New Bulbs
Screwdriver the size of a pin

1. Remove the screws in the numberplate holders which are in true vag style aimed towards the boot so only a miniscule screwdriver will fit in place making it infinitely hard to unscrew. Although this one seems very easy.

2. Pop the cover out replace festoon bulb and screw back in.

3. Find out the bulb is the wrong way round and repeat steps one and 2.

4. Take compare pic.

LEDCompare.jpg

Nice!

5. Be fooled that cause the right one was easy the left one will be just as easy, Its not.

6. Soak in WD40 untill loose then replace bulb as per step 2.

thanks pjmspeedy... i did a search on this forum before I posted(as I always do to make sure what im askin hasnt already come up) but for some reason when I searched this time I didnt get any results...

Cheers

btw the bulbs i got were from ebay, just search for audi error led.

Last edited:
£6 for postage:no:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_3510wt_1165

I emailed these guy and asked them if they're bulbs had resistors and they said that if the bulbs throw up the error then they will send out resistors Free of Charge:icon_thumright:

I imagine that these will throw an error up because they don't have resistors. I have already tried some without and they throw an error up!

Depends on what resistors they send you because there isn't much room left to house the bulb and the resistor together.

Let us know how you get on.

if i decide to go for them ill post some results

:icon_thumright: i just bought a set... thanks a million... the other lads that I was lookin at had only a price up for 1 bulb so you had to buy double:no:

No probs
£13 aint alot for 2 bulbs that

definitely work
definitely no errors
definitely look the tits :)

thanks for the links people.

..been meaning to make this mod for a while.

Just out of interest, will these work in the footwell lights?

Just out of interest, will these work in the footwell lights?

The footwell light bulbs are "capless" so you would need a different bulb to the numberplate style ones as shown on this thread. Capless LED's are avaliable but you will have to find one with a right angle otherwise the beam won't shine downwards.

Hmmm - i think i need to investigate further. Surely i can just turn the LED ones to face down??

yeah they look sweet... im still waiting on mine... how long does it take to ship to ireland from the uk...

Received mine this morning.. fitted and work OK.

(..although one didn't work first time round. Scratched my head, tweaked, lifted and changed ends, and, its works (without errors))

Will try grab some photos laters.

I bought these and fitted them on saturday - just noticed tonight how bright they are :sly:

fitted mine as well today lads... brilliant mod... makes the back end look so much cleaner... no bulb out messages on the dash either so happy days... would recommend this mod to anyone... nice and cheap as well