Number plate fixings

Potterswheel

S3 Compact Limo
Reaction score
My rear number plate 'came off in my hand' today whilst cleaning the car, good job really! I have had my 2017 facelift S3 saloon for about a month now and find that the garage swapped the plates to ones with their name on them, only thing is they have made a poor (polite) job of fixing the new plates on with some self adhesive pads just stuck on top of the Audi anti vibration foam pulling it off in places and making a right mess. there are some proper fixing holes in the boot but I suppose these fixings don't look as neat,
What are other people doing?

i've took all the foam off, cleaned everything up and used 6 sticky pads

I've got an "Audi Sport" German number plate style holder on the rear of mine. The rear of holder fits on to the factory screw points, you then place the ''number plate'' into the holder & then close the outer front piece to hold it in place. Mine is a genuine Audi part & got mine from ebay, think it was around 18.00.

I used to have something similar on my A6, does the job well - only thing i found on the front as the grille is slightly curved you needed to screw it in all 4 corners to keep it flush

I used to have something similar on my A6, does the job well - only thing i found on the front as the grille is slightly curved you needed to screw it in all 4 corners to keep it flush
.......know what you mean Andy. I only have one on the rear fitted.

I gave mine a good clean up as the old plates were screwed on, and then just used some double sided sticky foam pads, like others have suggested. Much cleaner (apart from I could do with a new rear plate anyway as it has a long bubble running down the middle of it!).

50846265266_6d1b14cf37_b.jpg

Nice bum!
I think I will take that route and remove the Audi backing foam then use the pads - thanks for the input.

Reactions: MrBenG